snacks for work

Options
Hi. So I'm starting back at work 2moro and I was wondering if any1 could suggest some yummy, healthy and low cal snacks 2 have during the day. I don't have access to a fridge.at work. Thanks:)

Replies

• Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Tuna and brown rice - Rice in the small steam tubs

Greek yogurt and thanini dip with carrot sticks - I don't fridge mine and its fine for hours

Wrap or sandwich

Protein shakes

Quest bars

Homemade beef jerky and biltong

Rice cakes and laughing cow cheese

Houmus and carrot sticks

Soups

Leftovers??

• hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Almonds, apples, oranges, protein bars, dry multigrain unsweetened cereal,

Get us an ice pack and put it in your lunch bag to keep perishable foods good for the day. Yogurt, string cheese, veggies and hummus, low sodium pickles, almond milk, turkey or chicken, avocado slices, boiled eggs.

One of my favorite snacks is a couple of pieces
    If oven Roasted turkey deli meat wrapped around a piece of string cheese. Full of protein, and about 100 calories depending on the brands you use!

Just make sure you weigh everything to ensure that you have an accurate logging of the calories. Good luck!!
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Apples, oranges, grapes, nuts, carrot & celery sticks. I second the recommendation to get an ice pack and keep it in your lunch bag - then you can take yogurt and other snacks that need to stay cold.
  • JennMRempe
    Options
    agree with the turkey roll-up; one slice of deli turkey breast is only 30 cals and 6-8g of protein. ditch the oranges as they are loaded with (natural, yes, but still) sugar. if you like edamame, Costco has the microwaveable pouches. broccoli and cauliflower florets, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, sliced English cucumbers; if you "need" dip you could try tzatziki or another lo-fat yogurt variety. Canned chicken or canned tuna in water has next to zero fat, lots of protein; mix with cottage cheese and you will be very satisfied for 3-4 hours.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You could always think about an ice pack to place in cooler.

Boiled eggs
    Quest Bars
    Quest Protein Shake (They are amazing and only 110 calories.)
    Tuna packets
    Make a baggie of veggies
    Pickles
    Krave brand jerky is really good. I especially like the Black Cherry BBQ
    Baby-Bel cheeses

• spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    laughing cow cheese on sweet potato wheat thins or bagel crisps
    pickled eggs
    granola bars
    greek yogurt
    turkey pepperettes

• diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    All of the above. Plus sardines, poptop can of GOOD tuna, lemon pepper, black pepper to season those.
  • AemieMiano
    AemieMiano Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If you do not want to worry about making snacks for work I suggest graze. They are amazing and tasty! You can have them delivered right to your home or work (which is awesome for people forgetting their snacks at home all the time). Just go to graze.com to check them out.
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars.
    Quest Bars.
    Quest Bars.
    Quest Bars.
  • funnygirl2004
    Options
    All really good suggestions.
  • AntonioP23
    AntonioP23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I take Peanuts, Apples and Whey Protein everyday :smile:
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Everything that has been listed, I also get the 100 calorie bags of plain almonds - 1 box for work, 1 box for the house (or I go to a place where it sells almonds by weight and just get a bunch of that and measure them out into my own ziplock bags).
    Also, plain popcorn is good.
  • viciouslitany
    viciouslitany Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I bring hardboiled eggs. Protein bars. Apples. Greek yogurt. Granola in ziplock bags. Cashews. 90 calorie lemon bar things from Kellogg. Salt and vinegar rice chips. Mmm. <3
  • lauriesbg
    Options
    I buy almonds, walnuts and pecans with NO salt from Costco. I mix them in a large bowl. Then I put a handful in a snack bag and bring them to work. No need to refrigerate. However, it does make quite a few bags so I freeze the rest and take what I need when I need them. Lots of protein and fiber.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    joneallen wrote: »
    Quest Bars.
    Quest Bars.
    Quest Bars.
    Quest Bars.

NOM. There is a GNC around the corner from my work. I do not F around with my quest bars.

Also beef jerky, rice cakes, dark dark chocolate.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Almonds, Greek yogurt, apple (I eat one every day), carrots, grape tomatoes, baby bel cheese
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My car is my office. All I bring is a large insulated cooler bag filled with whatever items I would normally eat. I haven't died from anything not being refrigerated. I have brought along wraps, fruit or veg slices, sandwiches, yogurts, fruit salads, veggies, salads of all kinds, stir fries, all kinds of left overs, water, etc.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Popcorn... I like plain white kernels with salt. Yum. I may have to make some tonight .
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    Popcorn... I like plain white kernels with salt. Yum. I may have to make some tonight .

Just crushed a whole bag myself.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    JennMRempe wrote: »
    agree with the turkey roll-up; one slice of deli turkey breast is only 30 cals and 6-8g of protein. ditch the oranges as they are loaded with (natural, yes, but still) sugar. if you like edamame, Costco has the microwaveable pouches. broccoli and cauliflower florets, grape tomatoes, baby carrots, sliced English cucumbers; if you "need" dip you could try tzatziki or another lo-fat yogurt variety. Canned chicken or canned tuna in water has next to zero fat, lots of protein; mix with cottage cheese and you will be very satisfied for 3-4 hours.

Srs?

This must be the end times.