I have PCOS, just had hormone IUD removed and want to lose 50lbs....looking for friends!

Options
HI, I started my fitness pal(again) and am determined to stick with food tracking and working out every day. My workouts will consist of Running(just started C25K today), swimming( I am a lifeguard), Zumba, and weight training(mainly circuit weight machines). I had the Mirena IUD in all of 2014 and just had it removed before Christmas. It caused me to pack on 20lbs! I also have PCOS(polycystic ovarian syndrome and have been put on Metformin to help treat the symptoms.

Replies

• lynthomas01
    Options
    Hi ya. I am pcos suffer too. I have been on all medication. On none now! Good luck with losing weight.

• Charlii3
    Options
    I suffer from pcos as well. So I guess I can relate in some way
  • cobra9683
    Options
    Add me I have pcos too
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Mirena SUCKS! No side effects my rear! I was a mess on that thing. Glad you got rid of yours hopefully it helps. :-)
  • The_Morrighan
    The_Morrighan Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    mirena was a right nightmare for me, i have pcos and have currently come off birth control as i have an intolerance to progesterone and need to lose 24lb before they will consider giving me the combined pill, feel free to add me as well, more the merrier
  • nicraig123
    nicraig123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    what were some of your symptoms on Mirena, trciab79?
  • nicraig123
    Options
    sorry I took so long to reply...I haven't been checking my feed. I sent you all friend requests!
  • nicraig123
    Options

nicraig123
    I am so glad I took my measurements before I started, as my weight fluctuates, I have been losing inches! I have lost 3" off my bra band size in 3 weeks and at least an inch or more off each of arms, legs, waist, hips, neck :D
  • bermudamel
    Options
    hey everyone I have PCOS as well. I had open heart surgery in 2009 (valve repair) and wasn't on any current birth control after that for a while but then starting having issues because I was taking aspirin (so one of the 3 drs I saw about 8 week at a time cycles claims) and put me on the depo shot. That made me crazy and although i wasn't having the 8 week problem anymore when it did happen it was worse than ever. I found a new md and they put me on Mirena and although it took me a while to adjust to it I have not had any issues w/it thankfully because I was def. apprehensive from what I had read from others and I had a friend who it was actually toxic to her. I hope everyone is able to find something that works for them! Losing weight helped me as well! I am on Ideal Protein diet.
  • nicraig123
    Options
    thanks for sharing bermudamel