Replies

• TOBEADIME
    TOBEADIME Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Probably 95% of my f
  • TOBEADIME
    TOBEADIME Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Probably 95% of my food is from scratch. I'd love it if any of the posters above would add me. I've been on mfp for almost a year and a half on and off. This time around I am dedicated. I've almost lost 20 lbs, have another 20 to go to goal weight. I'd love to be inspired by all of your home made goodness! Please add me so I can steal food ideas:)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I cook primarily from scratch...if I'm doing a casserole or a stew or whatever then I just use the recipe builder...but most of my meals are some kind of protein with some kind of veg and a side of some kind of starch or rice or pasta, etc. It's pretty easy to log those individual items...the only issue really is making big casseroles and whatnot...but once it's in the recipe builder, it's there.
  • rcottonrph1
    Options
    Why all or nothing? Gradually move away from packaged foods. Start with one meal a day. Then maybe try to add in non packaged snacks (fruits, nuts, raw veggies, etc). Then focus on second meal. To go from all packages to no packages is overwhelming and time consuming. So just transition!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Why all or nothing? Gradually move away from packaged foods. Start with one meal a day. Then maybe try to add in non packaged snacks (fruits, nuts, raw veggies, etc). Then focus on second meal. To go from all packages to no packages is overwhelming and time consuming. So just transition!

As stated above, i moved to an area that doesn't offer it. So it's DEFINITELY overwhelming and time consuming.

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the ideas and suggestions above! I am definitely trying some of them out today!!! :)