Disappointed

Options
Hi
I feel so disheartened this morning I have not logged my food in a long time
I've been exercising like mad and eating right but the scales are not shifting and after exercising so much this last week I expected to see a shift in the scale this morn and it hasn't ' I feel so disheartened and upset ?

My clothes feel looser and i feel much more fitter but I really want to see the scales drop?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen, not the gym. If you haven't been logging then you could be going over your calories or eating your maintenance level calories.
  • ksmi141
    ksmi141 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't get stuck on the number, in my opinion. The goal should be to feel fitter and healthier, not be at a certain number. :)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I missed the part about your clothes feeling looser. Be patient, sometimes it takes the scales longer to catch up with what our bodies are doing
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you're not logging, you don't know how much you're eating. All the exercise in the world won't matter if you're not at a deficit. The fact that your clothes are looser and you feet fitter is great, so you're definitely doing something right, but you might want to start logging again.
  • forfrossensvart
    forfrossensvart Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't trust that f***ker of a scale. It is a liar!

Over the last year i dropped 2 shirt sizes but only lost 7 kg so far.

You gain muscle when exercising and that is a good thing.
    Just continue your hard work, it will pay off!

Your goal should not be meassured in numbers but to be better than you used to be!
    Always remember that!
  • anne3091
    anne3091 Posts: 15
    edited February 2015
    Options
    According to me, you are doing all the things to lose your weight and I am glad you are following a right plan for it. Don't be sad if scale isn't making any difference. And as you sad your clothes feeling looser so it is good. Follow your goal it will show result sooner . Good Luck!!! :D
  • MondegoMelanie
    Options
    remember that muscle is heavier than fat - it is possible that you have lost fat and put on muscle through exercise so try not to focus to much on your weight! Eat unprocessed foods and move more and you will be fine!! - might be an idea to take some of your body measurements and try tracking them rather than your weight..? :smile:
  • UnasAquila
    Options
    I would say that you could have gained muscle, this would explain both the scales seeming to say you haven't lost weight and you feeling fitter and looser in your clothes.
  • kmacca3
    kmacca3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for replies !
    I'm a busy mum of 3 little one and have 2 jobs ' I run during my lunch hour and have exercise equipment at home that I use once all is sorted at home ie chores'

I have had a think and I don't think I'm eating enough food during the day ' I'm gonna start tracking my calories and keep up the exercise and see if this makes a diff ?
    :)
  • kmacca3
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    UnasAquila wrote: »
    I would say that you could have gained muscle, this would explain both the scales seeming to say you haven't lost weight and you feeling fitter and looser in your clothes.

I would say that's incredibly unlikely.

Ummm how come ?
    U have to eat to lose weight yes? and I don't think I'm eating enough calories
  • fleurk126
    fleurk126 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Don't trust that f***ker of a scale. It is a liar!

Over the last year i dropped 2 shirt sizes but only lost 7 kg so far.

You gain muscle when exercising and that is a good thing.
    Just continue your hard work, it will pay off!

Your goal should not be meassured in numbers but to be better than you used to be!
    Always remember that!

This particular reply was a source of encouragement to me too a, according to my scales, on Friday I was 4lbs lighter than when I started last Monday, but this morning I had gained 6 lbs since Friday!!! Go figure!! Just keep up the good work. :)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Your body weight can easily fluctuate 5lb or so in a day (for example, water weight - if you weight yourself after you've replenished your glycogen levels in your muscles, you will be heavier).

If you are feeling results in your body composition and your clothes are getting looser, then you are heading in the right direction, so don't sweat the scales.

How often are you weighing yourself (try making it once a week - at most). Also try and do it the same time each week and where possible with the same conditions (i.e. either before or just after a workout).

Posters above have mentioned logging food, this is a useful tool. Intuitive eating isn't for everyone and takes a bit of fine tuning every now and then. But when you've got it dialed in it works great and is certainly less hassle than weighing and logging - but each to there own. If you think you maybe eating more than you realize then at least log for a little while, just to check.

• celticlass69
    celticlass69 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    You're size is going down so obviously your loosing weight but gaining muscle which weighs more. It is said BMI is more accurate than simply weighing yourself. Try to log your food but otherwise you're doing good. Keep it up.
  • kmacca3
    Options
    Your body weight can easily fluctuate 5lb or so in a day (for example, water weight - if you weight yourself after you've replenished your glycogen levels in your muscles, you will be heavier).

If you are feeling results in your body composition and your clothes are getting looser, then you are heading in the right direction, so don't sweat the scales.

How often are you weighing yourself (try making it once a week - at most). Also try and do it the same time each week and where possible with the same conditions (i.e. either before or just after a workout).

Posters above have mentioned logging food, this is a useful tool. Intuitive eating isn't for everyone and takes a bit of fine tuning every now and then. But when you've got it dialed in it works great and is certainly less hassle than weighing and logging - but each to there own. If you think you maybe eating more than you realize then at least log for a little while, just to check.
    Thank u

• kmacca3
    Options
    You're size is going down so obviously your loosing weight but gaining muscle which weighs more. It is said BMI is more accurate than simply weighing yourself. Try to log your food but otherwise you're doing good. Keep it up.

Thanks!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

BMI is based on age, height and weight... Seeing as 2 of 3 of those factors don't tend to change often, BMI is exactly like weighing yourself.

• loopylolly90
    Options
    Don't be disappointed I'd suggest going by measurements also ...
    It's not always about the scales going down you may be loosing inches and as you say you have been exercising you may be building more muscle. Xxx
  • kmacca3
    Options
    Don't be disappointed I'd suggest going by measurements also ...
    It's not always about the scales going down you may be loosing inches and as you say you have been exercising you may be building more muscle. Xxx

Aww thank u
    I'm not disappointed in myself as I'm quite proud of fitting in exercise around my busy schedule
    X
    I'm going to measure myself today and work on that instead :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You said you weren't logging your food. Weight loss comes from a deficit. Loser clothes are a plus though!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

You must have missed @herrspoons‌ reply where he debunked that she's gaining muscle.

OP, it's time to start tracking your food again. I know how frustrating this can be. I've only lost ten pounds since late September, but logging accurately lets me know that I'm doing it right.