No loss again !!!

Options
So another week and another stall on the scales what am I doing wrong ?? I'm working out tracking / logging food and excercise ! Feel like I need to change something up to shift my body into Losing weight but don't know what ...help ?! It's really deflating !!

Replies

• nhmomm
    nhmomm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've been walking a lot so now I'm going to add short bursts of running. I hate running but I think I can a manage a minute here and there to start. I'm also adding in little weights while I watch the morning news. I just keep trying new things. Good luck!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Are you logging ALL of your food? Every bite, lick, and taste?

If no: That's your issue right there. You're eating more than you think.

If yes: Are you using a food scale? Are you weighing EVERYTHING, especially calorie dense foods like butters, peanut butter, mayonnaise, cheese...?

If yes to that too: Have you been eating out a lot lately? Restaurant foods have a very high sodium content in general. Same with many packaged foods like chips. You could be retaining water.

OR...

Have you been trying a new workout recently? One that's making you really sore all over? Muscles retain a lot of water when they're repairing themselves.

All the best!
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you last lost weight?
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Can you open your diary?

Have opened it for you
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    Branstin wrote: »
    How long has it been since you last lost weight?

Two weeks :(
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear, so you won't lose every week..

But do you use a food scale?
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are double dipping on exercise burns: you are taking the fitbit adjustment, plus logging exercise and cleaning as burns.

Also for your food diary, stay away from generic listings, homemade, and it doesn't look like you are using a food scale.
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    Looks like you are double dipping on exercise burns: you are taking the fitbit adjustment, plus logging exercise and cleaning as burns.

Also for your food diary, stay away from generic listings, homemade, and it doesn't look like you are using a food scale.

What do u mean by double dipping ??

• SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I notice yesterday you have logged "Generic - Roast Chicken Dinner, 1 Plate 974 calories".

Did you weigh and measure all the ingredients in the dinner individually to make it 974 calories? Otherwise it will be waay off, as for a start what you and I consider a generic roast chicken dinner could be wildly different in size or foods involved (certainly for me, I under estimate portion sizes all the time). :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just keep doing what you're doing. Make sure you're weighing everything and tracking everything accurately. If you are eating at a deficit, the weight will come off. I just had a stall for about a month and finally started losing again this week. Patience and persistence.
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    Can u please explain deficit as I think I'm eating at it and now I don't know
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

What do u mean by double dipping ??
    Double dipping, you are logging exercise down to 5 minutes here and there, and still taking what fitbit says and is including within your fitbit adjustment so it's over inflating your burns.

Also you lost 8 lbs in January, you were ready to quit last week because you didn't lose, this takes time and learning. Get a digital food scale to help with accuracy, learn how to better log your food intake, be careful on the calorie burns, and have patience.

Food entries like these are questionable:
    Gravy - Gravy, 1/4 cup 25 0 0 0 0 0
    Generic - Roast Chicken Dinner, 1 Plate 974 76 43 58 0 0
    Home Made - Bacon Sandwich With Sauce, 1 sandwich
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think you need to give it a bit more time, 2 weeks is no time at all. Also maybe check your sodium intake, i see that some of your food is listing zero sodium when trust me bread etc does have salt in it. I know it sounds mad, but when i first started I slapped on 9lbs in 3 days.... it wasnt fat, as not possible, but then someone looked at my diary and explained that not all the food i was scanning was giving all the right sodium content, and I was probably over, since i have been watching it, I havent been caught out. Also drink lots of water, and weigh/measure everything! It looks like your daily cals are 2000 a day, so I am assuming you are wanting to lose the weight more slowly ( which makes perfect sense ) or you are super active. I think if you work out what you should be burning a day and drop it by 10-20% that should give you a rough number for cals, but you may have already done this. I am pretty inactive during the day and I eat 1600 a day, and lose about 2lbs a week, but I do go to the gym etc.
    Everyone is different, stick with it, you will get there, but if you find after 4 weeks still no joy, maybe drop down to 1900 a day and see if that moves things along. x
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    If you're wearing a Fitbit: stop logging life stuff like cleaning and step based activity. ONLY log things that the Fitbit does not track, like riding a bike. By logging those things, you're easily inflating your real calorie burn. Just let Fitbit do its thing.

Deficit is like this:

Your body burns energy all the time. BMR is what it burns just by keeping you alive. Heart beating, lungs working, digesting food, keeping your body temperature stabilized. Then regular activity to move thru your day (your job, your errands, etc.) burns a little more. And last there is exercise - intentional cardio burns more because you're making an effort to move several major muscle groups for an extended period of time.

Fitbit calculates all of that for you. Fitbit shows you a total calorie burn for each day. You want to eat less than you burn. This is the deficit. Kind of like if you earn $1000 and spend $1200, you've overspent by $200 and that would come from your savings. When it comes to calories your 'savings account' is your fat stored.
  • StaciMarie1974
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit. But the information the app gives can be sometimes confusing.

Here is what I suggest: look up your BMR. Google the term and you'll find an online calculator. Put in your height, weight, age, gender. This will tell you how much energy your body uses just to live. Divide that by 24. This gives you hourly BMR. Based on that, you can look at your Fitbit app at any time during the day to see how many calories you've burned so far. And add to that the hourly BMR for the rest of the day, to know where you'll end up if you do nothing for the rest of the day. Then move more if you need to, in order to meet your activity & burn goals.

Ps-if you set your Fitbit food calories goal option to Sedentary it figures this for you, actual burned + sedentary rest of the day and shows the result on the app where it says 'xxx calories left'. Just keep in mind this value will increase as you get in activity or exercise.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    How long have you been trying to lose weight?
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    I LOVE my Fitbit. But the information the app gives can be sometimes confusing.

Here is what I suggest: look up your BMR. Google the term and you'll find an online calculator. Put in your height, weight, age, gender. This will tell you how much energy your body uses just to live. Divide that by 24. This gives you hourly BMR. Based on that, you can look at your Fitbit app at any time during the day to see how many calories you've burned so far. And add to that the hourly BMR for the rest of the day, to know where you'll end up if you do nothing for the rest of the day. Then move more if you need to, in order to meet your activity & burn goals.

Ps-if you set your Fitbit food calories goal option to Sedentary it figures this for you, actual burned + sedentary rest of the day and shows the result on the app where it says 'xxx calories left'. Just keep in mind this value will increase as you get in activity or exercise.

Thank you so helpful
  • size12girl2015
    Options
    How long have you been trying to lose weight?

Since 6th of jan 2015 xx
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    Its about a month since you started. Do you weigh less today than 30 days ago? If so you're moving in the right direction. Keep going. :)