Replies

• janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    steel oats,banana and plain yogurt
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    I tend to alternate between steel cut oatmeal (which I recently discovered and is very yummy) and egg whites with turkey bacon. I make my own sugar free fat free latte also. I was never really into eating breakfast adn had to make myself at first. now I love it.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day - on my good days, I'll make steel cut oats with cranberries and almonds or muesli with low fat yogurt (I haven't found a greek yogurt that doesn't have lots of sugar or isn't incredibly bitter)
  • SarahSmile77
    Options
    I have 4 kids at home so mornings are always crazy for me. Week days it's either 1/2 a grapefruit and Greek yogurt or a protein shake. On the weekends, 2 egg omelet with low fat cheese and lots of veggies or Bisquick Heart Smart pancakes with natural peanut butter and a touch of sugar free syrup.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I usually have 3/4 cup egg beaters (southwestern), with a little bit of chopped bell pepper, a couple cups of coffee. It comes in at 100 calories, tastes pretty darn good, and is a good bit of food. If I've had a really hard P90X workout before breakfast, I may add some salsa and a couple of slices of cantalope for under 200 calories.

And, of course, water and a multivitamin.
  • karamille
    karamille Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I really am not of a breakfast eater. I generally never get hungry until 10am, so whatever I eat - I will be choking it down. I usually just eat a Zone Perfect bar and a bottle of water for breakfast.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I either have a 200 calorie protein shake (protein powder and unsweetened almond milk), that keeps me full for usually about 2 1/2 hours and then I have a snack before lunch. If I don't do that I have a 500 calorie breakfast of egg, veggie sausage, cheese, english muffin and a piece of fruit on the side. Alternately I'll do scrambled eggs with veggies, some kind of low fat meat, cheese, and a slice of toast and a piece of fruit, but they are pretty close in calories and keep me full for almost 5 hours.
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It's usually porridge for me, made with semi-skimmed milk and topped with golden syrup. High in calories, but keeps me full til lunch. I have orange juice and normally 2 cups of coffee as well.

On a weekend, I often have scrambled eggs on toast or a bacon sandwich, or bacon and scrambled eggs!

I normally do the bulk of my working out / exercising / gardening etc in the morning, so it's essential I fuel up! I also spent years not breakfasting because I found it hard to stomach, but now I've got time to make the foods I enjoy, I make time to enjoy my breakfasts!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I eat 3-5 eggs and uncured bacon every morning for breafast with coffee.
  • thefluffyone
    thefluffyone Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The only breakfast foods I have found that keep me going until lunch are porridge (Jordan's wholegrain rolled oats and milk) or a couple of eggs (boiled or scrambled) on a piece of toast.

It's about 250 calories for the porridge or 350 calories for the eggs on toast.

As far as cereals go, Shreddies are about the only one that lasts me more than a couple of hours. Had some muesli at 8am this morning and was getting hungry by 10am...
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I don't care for eggs, every once in a while I'll make what my husband calls a non-omelet which is more other stuff than eggs, but that's rare.

Most mornings I have Kashi Go-Lean cereal. It is one of two processed foods that make a regular appearance in my food journals. I can't beat the ease of it, and the protein count put it's right where I need it to be (with non-fat milk I get 21 grams of protein) something oatmeal can't do for me.

For a long time I didn't trust myself with cereal (to each just 1 cup, yes, I measure every day) and then I ate berries with non-fat non-flavored greek yogurt, or sometimes I just ate leftovers from dinner the night before. It's not hard to get 20 grams of protein if you are eating chicken or fish with vegetables. :)
  • smex14
    smex14 Posts: 48
    Options
    This morning I had Shredded What with Skimmed Milk and a few blueberries and raspberries on top, was delicious and kept me feeling full :)
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Porridge with raisins (made with water). 50g of porridge and 25g of raisins works out to 248 calories and fills me up all morning with no desire to snack at all.
  • nhendri
    nhendri Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Coffee toast and a hard boiled egg every morning
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    All White omelette stuffed with broccoli, onions, mushrooms and a sprinkle (level tsp ) of Parmesian.
    will have some yogurt in a bit ...then V8 low sodium juice.

:smile:
  • llovegrove
    llovegrove Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I normally have 1/2c Quaker plain oatmeal, with 1/2 scoop of my Cookies and Cream Whey Protein and some cinnamon. Its really good and holds me over till lunch but kinda getting tired of it. Need new ideas, I like to mix my protein in something in the mornings though.
  • achojnacki
    achojnacki Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Instead of peanut butter and jelly, try better than peanut butter, and half a banana on 2 slices of 100 cal whole grain bread, and unsweetened almond milk, the whole breakfast would hover around 350 calories.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I have a scoop of protein powder in my coffee to get my metabolism revved then shortly after I get to work (sometime between 8-9am) I have some instant oatmeal. Some can definitely be horrid for you, and your diet, but I get Kasthi Go Lean Hearty All Natural Honey & Cinnamon. The protein (8g) really helps me feel fuller longer, only 7g sugar and it's soooo yummy.
    I also sometimes get Oat Revoluation Old Fashioned/Hearty Apples & Cinnamon but it's not nearly as good for me...
  • polkataniec
    polkataniec Posts: 102
    Options
    hard boiled egg and wheat english muffin + small fruit (some berries or grapes) usually keep me happy!Coffe/w skim milk is a must ! For quick start-blueberry eggo waffeli are my favirite(no more than 2)
  • trhonda2011
    trhonda2011 Posts: 35
    Options
    I drink a meal replacement shake every morning with almond milk and frozen fruit blended in. The most it has ever been calories wise is around 225 depending on if I put greek yogurt in it or not but most times i don't, love it!