Turning 50 next week. Looking for MFP partners

Options
I'm turning 50 next week. I've been telling myself I'm going to lose weight for years. I guess now is the time. I need to lose between 55-65 pounds. Looking for motivation from those who've been successful or those on the journey.

Replies

• rgmooney66
    rgmooney66 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    I'll be 56 next week and I'm just getting started. Add me too.
  • decy63
    decy63 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    52 next Tuesday add me too.
  • ThaiKaren
    ThaiKaren Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    58 in April please feel free to add me
  • kelley555
    kelley555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    50 in May. You can add me too
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 in September. I started on this site about 4 years ago and went from 160 to 120. Felt the best I had in years. Then I ended up in a terrible divorce after 22 years and lost more due to stress. Over the last year or so I managed to put all but 10 back on so here I am. I know when you stick to good eating within your calorie range and get moving you will lose. I also know I'm capable of keeping it off. Feel free to add me ladies. We all can support each other!!
  • Flakes09
    Options
    56, lost 90 pounds so far with 90 more to go. Looking to start walking with a support buddy. Am in Destin Florida. But feel free to add...will lend a hand
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I'm in this club, lol. Since starting my journey I am feeling good about me, I like to get back to where I looked and felt my best, OK I'll be real, happy to loose the weight and move. Your welcome to friend me if you like.
  • FourWindsWalker
    FourWindsWalker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome clarkjoy! Happy Early Blessed Birthday to YOU!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also in the "50" club - halfway through it lol! My kids are grown & gone with babies of their own so I've got 10 beautiful grandbabies and another one on the way. Hubby & I enjoy adventures so we keep busy. We hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon this past September & for the winter we are trying out our new snow shoes. Just trying to keep busy! I've discovered Body Combat, PiYo & Zumba so it's a nice mix of home workouts to complement my gym workouts. My advice - enjoy life, find a workout (or several) that you like!!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies... WELCOME to MFP and congrats on making the decision to make the rest of your life, the best of your life!

There are a number of groups on MFP for those of us 50+,and when you're first starting out, being around other women our age who are also working towards the same goal, and seeing success amongst us can be very helpful motivation wise, but more importantly, can help you start believing that yes, you really can do it too! (plus we're all around the same life experience age lol... so there are lot who can relate to certain challenges we face as we get a little older.. and there's comfort to be had in having someone around who can relate and commiserate, while still supporting and encouraging you!

most can be found by browsing the popular group section, but the site can be a little overhwhelming when you first arrive, so i'll try to post a few links in case anyone is interested in checking out the groups - most you don't even have to join, you can just "lurk" and read some of the posts from others to decide if that group might be something that would work for you..

I'll come back and edit this post as I find the links .... :D

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10047153/55-65-year-old-womens-success#latest

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/9239-the-ladies-who-lunch

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10039781/women-ages-50-for-january-2015

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/6894-menopausal-mad-hatters

These are just a few of them, but if you use the search feature with various keywords for whatever you're looking for (i.e., women; 50; etc you will find them..

Congrats again to all of you! :D
  • Snooozie
    Options
    :D Just bumping your thread for some of the newbies
  • joylevelup
    joylevelup Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 52. Feel free to add me! Support and motivation from and for others is so important.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'll be 53 in February. Support and accountability are key. You can all add me also.
  • marybeezo
    marybeezo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm also turning 50 this year. This is the year for me to get healthy and fit. You can all add me too.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow 50 year olds! :) I joined he the half century crowd in September! Last January it suddenly hit me that I was gonna be turning 50 that year and that I really needed to make some changes in my life! Starting in March I joined a free Fitcamp and started eating much healthier and eating more food daily than I had been for over 15 years! I ended up 42 lbs thinner and can honestly say I look way younger than I did ten years ago! :)

It's not been easy the whole time and I do struggle and have gained a few back especially at the Holidays but can say that by doing it slowly and healthy I feel confident that I will continue to succeed in reaching my goal of 60 lbs! Feel free to send me a FR I would love to have more Friends for mutual encouragement and support! :D
  • Snooozie
    Options
    bumping :D
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm in the "Been there, done that group". I turned 51 in December, started on mfp in July of 2012. I lost 65 lbs in 16 months and have kept it off since. I am living proof that this can be done!
  • krazykarenn
    krazykarenn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 50 in June and new to MFP. My goal is to lose 30lb and be in the best shape of my life this year. Not even sure how to add anyone so please add me, I need help!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 50 in June and new to MFP. My goal is to lose 30lb and be in the best shape of my life this year. Not even sure how to add anyone so please add me, I need help!

Friend request sent!