Egg whites

Options
Hi, so I've been trying to follow Jamie Easons live fit trainer program and the diet calls for 5 egg white in morning and at night, I usually eat 2 egg white omlette and tat itself I gulp. I'm not sure how to manage 5 egg whites twice a day. How do you all eat your egg whites. Any ideas?

Replies

• vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Add some veggies cook peppers with it ... Or try to mix it up with your shakes .. Pineapple egg whites water some spinach ..
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with the yolk?
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Can I have your yolks? I don't get the point of eggs without the delicious yolks.
  • Dstrand1
    Dstrand1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I started adding pasteurized egg whites to my shakes - can't even tell they are there and it get's my protein numbers up...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What's wrong with the yolk?
    This. Yolks > whites.

Also eating 10 egg whites a day is stupid. Sorry, but the plan you are considering, just based on this info alone, is super stupid.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    This sounds wasteful, expensive, not sustainable and IMO, disgusting.
  • JessicaBowlby
    JessicaBowlby Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You can buy egg whites at almost any grocery store. I recently saw a post of someone who had egg whites mixed with pico de gallo on a corn tortilla and a side of cantaloupe - looked delicious. The yolk is too high in cholesterol for some people.
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks have cholesterol, and some people, like me, don't like the taste of them. I boil eggs and eat just the whites.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    A one that isn't cold, is hardly a one at all. Eggs without yolk, but what do you dip your toast in?
  • RealMarkD
    RealMarkD Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I usually have them with breakfast, and at times I'll add some (packaged & pasteurized) to protein shakes just for a little extra liquid/protein.
  • MadMacMom0309
    MadMacMom0309 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am not crazy about eggs either but I do eat egg white omelets with spinach and a thin slice of fresh mozzarella.
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I put a little cream cheese in my egg white omelette ... so melty good!!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    So many wasted yolks, it's just not right, the yolk is the best part.

Rigger
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    For starters I'd up that morning omlete to at least 3 eggs. Make a fried egg sandwhich, hard boil them, make egg salad or potato salad with hardboiled eggs in it. You can put a slices of deli meat in a muffin tin, crack them egg into that and sprinkle with some cheese, salt and pepper and scallions...that makes a fancy little breakfast for guests too. Make fried rice. Make an egg bake.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    A whole egg is a healthy food. Meant to be eaten whole. The "cholesterol in eggs is bad" myth has been thorougly debunked and debunked and debunked. For an interesting and educational journey, do some research on the cholesterol issue. Go beyond what GP doctors say (who have zero education in nutrition) and what the media says. There are many great sources to blow the myth apart written by Doctors. Here's one: "The Great Cholesterol Myth" by Dr. Bowden and Dr. Sinatra, both experts in the field.

btw: The fat in eggs is also healthy. The human body actually needs healthy fats including saturated, even if they are higher in calories than protein and carbohydrate. smh

Nope, I don't think forcing down 10 egg whites per day sounds healthy at all, but to each their own.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    So I know there will be ranting about salmonella (even though the odds of getting it from an egg have dropped to almost zero these days) but I used to throw a couple of them raw into a fruit smoothie. It actually can sort of improve the texture and there is absolutely no taste.

I could see it grossing someone out in concept, but if it doesn't bug you, they really are great that way.
  • christiec2015
    Options
    Can I have your yolks? I don't get the point of eggs without the delicious yolks.

^This. The yolks are the tastiest and it's wasteful to just throw them away! I get it's higher in calories if you eat the whole egg, but if you manage to fit them into your daily calories, you'll be fine. I do :)
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yolk is pure gold! Especially if you can get the free-range types! Do not throw them out! Or just buy the egg white cartons so the yolk will be put to good use in the manufacturing world haha
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    10 egg whites a day?

I don't know if I could handle that much gin. I'd eat some yolks too.