I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I ate two pieces of cheesecake (in addition to BBQ spare ribs, chicken bites, pizza, wings, veggies and fruit) for the Superbowl on Sunday.

Weighed in yesterday with a 2.6lb loss for the week.

Glad you are doing something about your lifestyle...but don't ever, EVAR!!!! Throw away cheesecake...

I need to sit down...he threw away Cheesecake? Ugh.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Well- guys- I have some good news.

Cheesecake was lost today- but I made two cakes for birthday celebrations- so I'll be eating my body weight in cake and butter cream frosting.

I'll personally try to make up for the loss of the cake.

This sounds like the best day ever.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    giphy.gif

This gif just made my day.
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So what he threw it out. It was there for the taking and he chose not to eat it. If I was a co-worker I would not want him to return it.
    Good job not eating it. I am sure that was difficult.
  • Jencib28
    Jencib28 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's hard to do...I know i couldn't have done that. Don't listen to the negative nancys, if you had eaten it, it would have been a waste too. Would they all feel better if you has taken one bite first? jeez. Good job doing you!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Cheesecake was lost today- but I made two cakes for birthday celebrations- so I'll be eating my body weight in cake and butter cream frosting.

I think I want a slice of Junior's in tribute to this post....

5865801774_4c43b4d400_z.jpg

It's mai berfday- eat the whole thing.

Jo'sfattydayoffatness approves.
    This sounds like the best day ever.
    apparently the other lady is bringing in some sort of apple cake too... so yeah- red velvet/buttercream on Thursday +apple cake + bagels
    Tomorrow night will be confetti cake with buttercream + all you can eat something- steak or sushi- unsure. There will be meat- lots of meat.

it's gonna be good.
  • WayneBradt
    WayneBradt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    WOW! this is very enlightening. Believe it or not I do appreciate all of the feedback, I'm not perfect and I'm always looking to improve. I will apply what I have heard here and try to make a better choice next time. That being said, I'm still very proud of what I did, again not perfect, but then again who is?

@aplcr0331‌ I'm most sorry to you, I'm so sorry if I hurt you. I will do better next time. :wink:
  • HeyitsTay92
    HeyitsTay92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I think that the sacrifice of a slice of cheesecake is worth the success of saying no to a tempting food! Good for you!
  • whatisupfat
    whatisupfat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean, saying no to food is extremely difficult, you should be very proud of yourself!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Why is throwing away cheesecake under "success stories"? That seems like a failure of epic proportions to me. Poor delicious cheesecake.

bolsas.gif
  • ThatRyanPerson
    ThatRyanPerson Posts: 18 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Haha I love that
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It's good that you made the right decision! I sometimes do the same in an office setting if everyone else is eating a donut, I take one, take a bite and then secretly throw it away later at my desk. Just so people won't pester me about not eating it!
  • rach021979
    rach021979 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I too LOVE cheesecake, but you did yourself and some other co-worker a favor!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake? I'm fine with that getting tossed.

Carrot cake? I can't even.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

POIDH
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean, saying no to food is extremely difficult, you should be very proud of yourself!

I agree !

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    rach021979 wrote: »
    Good for you! I too LOVE cheesecake, but you did yourself and some other co-worker a favor!

Because everyone has the same goals...

jennifer-lawrence-oh-yeah-thumbs-up.gif
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    That is a GREAT milestone! I love that you threw it away... Sometimes you only have a moment or two of strength to say no, so by throwing it away it finished it for you! Good job - Keep it up!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've had 6 pieces of cheesecake in the last 2 days. Stupid Superbowl party, and stupid Superbowl party leftovers. (jk, I never regret cheesecake. My all time favorite.)
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    boo hoo...he threw away a slice of cheesecake...give the guy a break...

If you brought food in that you either baked or bought for people, and someone took some then threw it out without eating it, how would you feel?

OP, it's good that you resisted even after the fact, but I would consider the ramifications beforehand. Could you have fit it into your day? Even going over your calories, you can eat a little less the next few days to make up for that.

Are you suggesting that he eat high calorie food he doesn't want just to spare someone else's feelings? Someone that probably doesn't even know it happened and therefore has no feelings on the matter?

That sounds ridiculous to me. God forbid someone changes their mind and sticks to their diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!