Early 20's trying to lose weight

Options
so I'm 21 and needing to lose around 60 lbs... I could use motivation and I'm sure many of you do as well. Anyone want to help each other out???

Replies

• tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm around your age and I need to lose about 40 more pounds! Feel free to add me!
  • mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ladies! I'm currently just maintaining my weight but always good to meet new workout buddies!
  • AntonioP23
    AntonioP23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ldsgirl16 wrote: »
    so I'm 21 and needing to lose around 60 lbs... I could use motivation and I'm sure many of you do as well. Anyone want to help each other out???

Start off with small changes - focus on this being a lifestyle change.

Set your first goal of losing 10lbs

I find smaller, more manageable goals keep you motivated.

• megansmcguire
    megansmcguire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and looking to lose about 25-30 more! Add me!
  • Oceanfalling
    Options
    Im 25 and in a similar boat! In a perfect world I need to lose about 80 lbs, but for now I would be really happy to get off 50! I started working out last week, as well as monitoring all my food with this app, and im down 3 lbs! I made a list of mile markers and rewards. For example: When I lose my first 10 full lbs I will buy my self a new MAC eye color, and as the goals get bigger so do the rewards! Its the best motivator to me ( Becuase I LOVE to buy my self wonderful things). Any one feel free to add me so we can support each other!
  • AntonioP23
    Options
    Im 25 and in a similar boat! In a perfect world I need to lose about 80 lbs, but for now I would be really happy to get off 50! I started working out last week, as well as monitoring all my food with this app, and im down 3 lbs! I made a list of mile markers and rewards. For example: When I lose my first 10 full lbs I will buy my self a new MAC eye color, and as the goals get bigger so do the rewards! Its the best motivator to me ( Becuase I LOVE to buy my self wonderful things). Any one feel free to add me so we can support each other!

This is one of best ways to stay motivated

Looking forward to little rewards every 5/10lbs is the best

• DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 (birthday in October) and have about 15kg/35pounds left to lose from originally about 60lb/28kg. I like art and writing. Feel free to add me.
  • ldsgirl16
    ldsgirl16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    AntonioP23 wrote: »

Yes I agree, thanks for sharing that! For me the problem is that if I don't have the constant support I just don't do it. And it's hard to see the results personally. Even if I lose the weight I can't see it so I stop and then later i realize I did lose it
  • caitlinzajac314
    Options
    Hello! Cat here, 24 in March and wanting to lose atleast 50lbs. I am getting married next October(2016) & would love to feel beautiful on my wedding day.
  • ldsgirl16
    ldsgirl16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! Cat here, 24 in March and wanting to lose atleast 50lbs. I am getting married next October(2016) & would love to feel beautiful on my wedding day.

That's awesome! Congrats first of all! :) we would love to help you out!
  • AntonioP23
    Options
    ldsgirl16 wrote: »
    AntonioP23 wrote: »

Yes I agree, thanks for sharing that! For me the problem is that if I don't have the constant support I just don't do it. And it's hard to see the results personally. Even if I lose the weight I can't see it so I stop and then later i realize I did lose it

I dropped you a friend request. I only just discovered the forum but my logging is religious
    Maybe it can help you see How to build it I to a lifestyle :smile:

Everything is about planning ahead. Consitency.
  • caitlinzajac314
    Options
    Thank you very much! I apologize if I am not doing this right. I just started using this and not quite sure how to navigate it yet. I can log calories and that's about it so far. :)
  • Hollywoodjess
    Hollywoodjess Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I've lost 20lbs so far & want to loose around another 40!
    I log everyday & would love some more friends on here :)
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me :). I am trying to lose ~60 lbs. I started at 181 and I am at 144 now and trying to get to 120.
  • ammyr12
    ammyr12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey girls! For some reason the app on my iPad doesn't let me add people, but anyone that wants to add me please do :) I'm 19 (20 in April) and looking to lose 30-40lbs. Would love some extra support and to help others
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend as well! I have lost 50 pounds over the past 8 1/2 months. I still have another 30 pounds to reach my initial goal, but may try for up to another 25 after that.

The key is to realize that you can still eat your normal foods in moderation with only a few small swaps -- no need to do just a piece of plain meat and veggies or salad for every meal.
  • KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am only a few years older than you and I still have 40 more to go. Feel free to add me anyone :) Always looking for new support!
  • briannarios60
    briannarios60 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Im 20 looking to lose around 40 pounds, add me(:
  • charleneschoenbeck
    Options
    Hey everyone! :smile: My name's Charlene, I am 20 years old (will turn 21 in July) :smiley: Over the last two and a half years I've lost 44.9 lbs :smile: I'm a lot more confident now than I was back then. But now that I've come so far alreadyI wanna go the rest of my journey. Currently I am at 153 lbs and would ultimately like to be at 132 lbs. But I've realized over time that it is a lot easier to take one step at a time :wink: so right now I'm aiming for 143 lbs. The last time I was at 143 lbs was probably 8 years ago... so it's a pretty big deal for me. So if anyone else would like to talk, is looking for friends, or wants someone to support them and have their back on this long and sometimes difficult journey, please feel free to add me. Because I know I could use some support as well to keep me on track (especially to keep me away from too much sweets and all that bad stuff :blush: ) And I think it's great to share experiences and help eachother out as well. So yeah, like I said feel free to add me and please forgive me for any spelling mishaps but English is not my mother tongue :smiley:
  • MattM_93
    MattM_93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started a few weeks ago and have lost 6-7 pounds depending on the day so far. Feel free to add me. (I'm 21)