Detox Water???

Options
I just started drinking detox water. But im not sure if its anymore beneficial than drinking plenty of regular H2O yet. Does anyone have any thoughts? Or experience with this seeing its only been a few days i haven't seen a difference yet.

Replies

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Water is water is water. Your liver and kidneys take care of the rest for you.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a gimmick to me.

Just drink regular H20
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    What are you looking for it to detoxify? Most of the detox waters I see are water mixed with a mild diuretic. They make you pee a lot and might cause a little reduction in water weight, but they're temporary and mostly useless.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right?
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Water does a great job on its own, but you can add some lemon if you want some added benefits
  • BdOtBrIt
    BdOtBrIt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bembu.com/detox-water-recipes
    Is actually more of what I was referring to not actually buying "Detox water" you add your own fruits/veggies to reg water to get added benefits just as you would with lemon. I was just wondering if it would cause the same benifts as eating the fruits & veggies everyday bc im always on the go and its easier to drink and take with me.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    BdOtBrIt wrote: »
    Is actually more of what I was referring to not actually buying "Detox water" you add your own fruits/veggies to reg water to get added benefits just as you would with lemon. I was just wondering if it would cause the same benifts as eating the fruits & veggies everyday bc im always on the go and its easier to drink and take with me.

That is an infussion.

And no, you won't get the benefits. Do some meal prepping and you'll be covered for your week ;)
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

The fruits and vegetables contain fiber and other nutrients which generally speaking are not absorbed by the body until it is broken down via chewing and stomach acid. Fiber is hugely important for your digestive system to keep things moving along (bluntly, it helps you make good poop).
  • BdOtBrIt
    Options

That is an infussion.

And no, you won't get the benefits. Do some meal prepping and you'll be covered for your week ;)

Thanks!
  • BdOtBrIt
    Options

The fruits and vegetables contain fiber and other nutrients which generally speaking are not absorbed by the body until it is broken down via chewing and stomach acid. Fiber is hugely important for your digestive system to keep things moving along (bluntly, it helps you make good poop).

I see..... well good thing I asked
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    It can be tasty though - if the added flavor gets you to drink more water then that counts as detox :)
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Water does a great job on its own, but you can add some lemon if you want some added benefits

What benefits (besides flavor) would those be?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it