Fat face HELP

Options
I want to specifically loose weight on my face. I have a double chin, which I hate. What foods should I avoid? What exercises should I do?

Replies

• dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Same problem here.

Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Just eat at a deficit, and let the fat drop off as it will. Nothing else to do.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Same problem here.

Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Just eat at a deficit, and let the fat drop off as it will. Nothing else to do.
    This. I've noticed the face and stomach are the first places I gain fat and the last that I lose them. So just lower your overall bodyfat.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    First off, you are beautiful!

Second, I agree with others, unfortunately spot reduction is not possible. If you clean up your diet, eat whole foods, drink lots of water and make sure you are at a deficit the pounds will come off from everywhere. Patience is key :smile:

(I say eat whole foods/drink water because I know for me personally that always helps the condition of my skin and makes it look it's best)
  • jcim1ru
    jcim1ru Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Tracy Campoli has a double chin workout video that can offer help.

But, as everyone has said, where you lose your weight is totally up to your body.

Good Luck!
  • britishaa27
    Options
    Thank you everyone! This has been a lot of help.
  • britishaa27
    Options
    I heard low sodium was good for face fat loss, I'm guessing there's no truth to that?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce.

If you lose weight and continue to have a double chin, ask a dermatologist if there are any solutions.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I heard low sodium was good for face fat loss, I'm guessing there's no truth to that?

I would suspect that this advice is based on water retention, which I believe is a side effect of excess sodium. (Correct me if I'm wrong, team.) Sodium is not, in my experience, a part of weight loss but is something to observe as part of overall better health.
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Everyone blames sodium xD

But.. Our bodies are made up of more than 60% water. We need the water.
    You do the math :)

You can still lose weight with sodium in your diet. Your body needs water. You need water. If you don't have a medical condition that prevents you to eat something, don't look for reasons to stop it.
    No such thing as spot reduction, the body will decide where it wants to take it from.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    jcim1ru wrote: »
    Tracy Campoli has a double chin workout video that can offer help.

But, as everyone has said, where you lose your weight is totally up to your body.

Good Luck!

That video is hilarious and she looks so embarrassed while she does it. I generally enjoy her workouts but I just laughed.

But I did do it along with her once and I notice my chins are mostly gone now so go ahead and try it, OP.
  • bellafotos4u
    Options

• bellafotos4u
    Options
    Actually eating a diet that is low in sodium will help reduce swelling among many potential heart and health issues. Drinking 12 bottles of water a day will help slim you down quick as well as exercise. Women lose weight in their face, chest and upper body first before anywhere else. It takes 4 weeks to get into a routine, 8 weeks for you to see a difference and 12 weeks for anyone else to notice! Keep it up, you can do it!
  • nissanmama
    nissanmama Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sadly the general rule of gain and loss is first on, last off. Last on, first off. I'm scared that when my weight loss shows in my face, all my wrinkles will show up! :o
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Actually eating a diet that is low in sodium will help reduce swelling among many potential heart and health issues. Drinking 12 bottles of water a day will help slim you down quick as well as exercise. Women lose weight in their face, chest and upper body first before anywhere else. It takes 4 weeks to get into a routine, 8 weeks for you to see a difference and 12 weeks for anyone else to notice! Keep it up, you can do it!

I dont lose weight in my face, chesf and upper body first.

My belly shrinks first, then legs, then bust usually.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    Can't control how or when it goes, but you are adorable, don't hate your face :)
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Chin up! You look fabulous! :flowerforyou:
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Sodium reduction could pissibly work if your face is puffy and bloated, which is very far from what you have - from you picture it looks fresh, lovely and taught.

While you can't spot-reduce, you can tone the muscle under a double chin which will probably improve the appearance. That muscle is called platysma, you can google exercises for it. Funny fact, I used to collect old beauty books from my motner's and even grandmother's youth, and facial massages and mimics, including for platysma, were always a part of those :)

Otherwise, yeah, fat has its own agenda, you never know in what order it will go.