Regained a lot of the weight back, but back on my grind!!

Options
4 years ago I weighed 272. I guess I didn't realize how big I was u til I went to the doctor and got weighed( I avoided scales) when I got home, I cried. I decided to do something about it, and started walking 1,2, and finally 3 miles at least 3-4 times a week. I ate only lean meat, and cut out sugar completely. I drank only water and green tea. I lost 98 lbs in a year! I never felt better about myself. Then.....I got divorced (emotional eating) and had a baby a few years later (ate a lot!) I grained right back to 240...not all the weight, but misriable and unhealthy. I've been back at it again with so much determination, and this app has helped me so much! Wish me luck guys, I want to feel and look good again. Feel free to add me as your buddy here, and we can encourage each other. Hold me accountable! I'll do the same for you :)

Replies

• sandra251982ct975
    Options
    cu7gj9yjjncr.jpg

This was me at my lowest!!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! You did it before and you can do it again. This time you know so much more about your triggers and why you regained ... this time it's for good :)
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I too lost a lot of weight in the past (around 50 lbs) but managed to gain most of it back. I also struggled with emotional eating, which for me was related to my stress at university and being unable to cope in a healthy way. I'm starting over again, with about 40lbs to lose.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck!!!!!! Emotional eating is a big problem with a lot of people but is something that you can get around! Support is given. :)
  • phyletik
    phyletik Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here Sandra. I lost 30lbs 4yrs ago, gained it back, and now tryong to lose it again.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Hi, try to make slow but steady progress this time, in a way that aims to be like you will eat for the rest of your life. Lifestyle change is so much more than what the scale says and that includes addressing exactly all the bad habits to break them and form healthy habits in their place. Be patient and it will happen.
  • Lotusstarr
    Lotusstarr Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Me too! Good luck! You can do this!
  • Stefank0920
    Options
    The important thing is that you know where you are and what you want to do. Weight loss is so hard. We have to eat what we're addicted to! You will get there again. You've done fantastic before!
  • sandra251982ct975
    Options
    I feel so great reading your responses, thank you so much!! I want the old Cassandra back!
  • jmckennon68
    Options
    4 years ago I weighed 272. I guess I didn't realize how big I was u til I went to the doctor and got weighed( I avoided scales) when I got home, I cried. I decided to do something about it, and started walking 1,2, and finally 3 miles at least 3-4 times a week. I ate only lean meat, and cut out sugar completely. I drank only water and green tea. I lost 98 lbs in a year! I never felt better about myself. Then.....I got divorced (emotional eating) and had a baby a few years later (ate a lot!) I grained right back to 240...not all the weight, but misriable and unhealthy. I've been back at it again with so much determination, and this app has helped me so much! Wish me luck guys, I want to feel and look good again. Feel free to add me as your buddy here, and we can encourage each other. Hold me accountable! I'll do the same for you :)

• jmckennon68
    Options
    Way to go. I am excited for you. 98 lbs is awesome. I would love to be your buddy but have no idea how to do it. Hope I can figure this out but know that you have done something very few have ever done and it you did it once YOU CAN DO It AGAIN.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I am excited for you. 98 lbs is awesome. I would love to be your buddy but have no idea how to do it. Hope I can figure this out but know that you have done something very few have ever done and it you did it once YOU CAN DO It AGAIN.

Hi, when you quote someone, you don't have to keep quote and reply separate, which is actually quite confusing, but you hit return and type whatever you want to say in the same text box.
  • sandra251982ct975
    Options
    Thank you, it's all new to me!! :#