How to stay on track without seeing results?

Options
tlw7
tlw7 Posts: 41 Member
Figured I'd ask this group because it's amazing to see how many people have worked hard and are meeting and passing goals.

I'm wondering how you have kept up the hard work and good eating when you aren't seeing any changes. im struggling. I am 5'8" weigh 152. My goal is under 140 and want to look lean and strong. Want this for my life..extra motivation is a vacation for my husband making presidents club sometime late spring. I've also had two kids (3 and 15mo) and no gym. I just finished marathon training and am doing home crossfit/hiit workouts.

Please-any tips?

Thank you

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    At your height and current weight it won't come off quickly. The last 10 pounds come off very slowly. I had to learn to be happy with a 1/4 pound loss a week and es tactic over a 1/2 pound loss per week. Only the super obese can talk about losing mega pounds in a week, simply because they're accustomed to eating 5 to 7 thousand calories a day, that are then put on a less than 1500 calories a day. It's all in the math. One pound equals 3500 calories. Just hang in there, the scale will start moving.
  • Princesspetal7
    Princesspetal7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm the same. I'm 160lbs and 5'7. I'd like to get to 140. I've started the gym twice a week. First time ever! And only been back with mfp for 9 days and all I've lost Is just over 1lb. I did mfp before I had my son and lost a stone and a half so I know I can do it. X
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My start weight was 275 and I was dropping 5lbs a week. It was wonderful! Now that I'm at 190, I'm lucky if I lose half a pound a week. It's disheartening, but I have to believe that if I just keep at it, it'll happen. Slow and steady. Be the tortoise.
  • TamS2015
    TamS2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If you are truly logging all your food just weight in once a month but start measuring your body. Way more motivating imho
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I know that if I'm consistent, and I keep on course I will see changes. It may take 10lbs, but I'll see the changes. And 10lbs may take 3 months and that's ok. It's about being true to you and you knowing you did what you think it is right and that will be rewarded eventually. It's like at work, when you do something out of the ordinary because you think it needs done, not because you were asked to and you need to wait until your review to get "rewarded" for it. Just because you went above and beyond doesn't mean they will throw more money at you - you need to wait. The good dead and all the others you do will be rewarded. Kinda like when you go by a smaller pair of pants. It may not be tomorrow, but you'll look back on that day and know you did the right things to get there.
  • tlw7
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. It's a slow road...guess the main thing is trust in the process. And even if I'm not seeing results know I'm still doing what's best for my body!
  • scrittrice
    scrittrice Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    If you're not seeing a loss on the scale, are you seeing other progress? Measurements? Clothing fitting better? More energy? Better workouts? Rather than just thinking about your weight, focus on the big picture.
  • thatonegurll
    Options
    you've lost 22 lbs... that last bit takes a while longer, but how amazing does it feel to have lost 22 lbs! how amazing is it that you are keeping it off. when i get discouraged about a week or two where it's maybe only a 1/4 to 1/2 lb of loss, i think about how much i've already done and the fact that if i was able to lose the first half of the weight, i can certainly do the last half, no matter how long it takes!
  • tlw7
    Options
    Well..i have 2 kids under 3 so I'm always lacking in energy (husband is out of town 80% of the time), always wear workout clothes - so can't tell if things fit better, and I wrote down a ton of home crossfit/hiit workouts - not as sore as when I started but I try to do harder and different workouts each time. I hate measuring bc I get pretty discouraged if I don't see a change - plus I remember when I lost wt this summer and am bummed I let myself fall off again.

Guess it's a necessary evil..I'll start measuring 1x a week.
  • calichic74
    calichic74 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I know how you feel!
  • chuck636
    chuck636 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Ugh...its the toughest part:( gotta just bite the bullet and keep pushing and you'll get rewarded for your work
  • annam3627
    annam3627 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My start weight was 275 and I was dropping 5lbs a week. It was wonderful! Now that I'm at 190, I'm lucky if I lose half a pound a week. It's disheartening, but I have to believe that if I just keep at it, it'll happen. Slow and steady. Be the tortoise.

That's awesome! But that is a lot of weight fast... were you doing something other than counting calories? I'm in my 4th week.... my starting weight is a few lbs. shy of where you started at.... I've lost no weight. I'm going to measure this upcoming Monday, which will have be a month. I'm praying I've at least lost inches.... because this is VERY hard to keep a positive outlook on right now.
  • jennay84
    jennay84 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way, I'm 5'9 and 150, want to get down to 140 but it takes forever.
    You might want to drop your calories by 100-200 a day, or try carb cycling
    Like you said, trust the process. (That's what I keep telling myself)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!