Needing help!

Options
I just signed up for a gym membership but I'm unsure what to start with. I would like to lose 50 pds by August so any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    You should start with a tour :) You won't know what you like without trying different things - every machine has its value, and some will feel better than others. You need to find out what works for you, otherwise you'll be needlessly unhappy.
    -
    If you want, make a 'try it out' plan, like; day 1: 15 min on treadmill, 15 min on elliptical. Day 2: weight circuit. Day 3: 15 min on bike, 15 min on stairmaster. See if one of the trainers or employees at the gym might be willing to help you get started.

And don't be nervous or self-conscious - everyone was a newbie at some point.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Your first day should be with a trainer/employee who will show you how to use the machines and put you on a routine to try out.
    Congratulations on joining a gym! Great move.
  • lissac53
    lissac53 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I did get a little tour but they are not open for business just yet. I was thinking doing treadmill mon, wed, and fri and weights Tue & Thurs.

Thanks for the advice!