Who's still here from New Year's?

Options

Replies

• CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    Started back (for real this time) January 1st, 2015 and down 12 pounds. (Had lost 15 between May and August last year before I let the regular fall craziness (I'm a school principal) put me off track. Although, I have not officially announced anything to anyone else about my weight loss or goals (like FB or at work for instance). However people are starting to notice, so that's nice. One month at a time.....

I live in a very cold climate for winter, and it's really harder to begin to drop weight in the middle of winter than it was in May! Much more expensive for fruits and vegetables too. Have to be more creative with exercise options since I really don't like the gym (dressing up to go out in the cold to get there and then dressing up to go in the cold to go home... ugh!) But elliptical/Netlflix and YouTube walking videos in the basement are great!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • alltheweigh170
    alltheweigh170 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    Started January 1st 2014 and still here 13 months later. Down 92 pounds so far.

That is awesome! Congratulations!

• tjcuts339
    tjcuts339 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    We will be here enjoying. This great journey. Like forever feels to good to stop keep on going all my MVP friends.
  • kittycatsinunderpants
    Options
    It never occurred to me that cold weather is a contributing factor to new years weight loss failure. (I live on the gulf of Mexico, so.... yeah) I guess I always imagined that bundling up to go outside to be a workout in itself!
  • tjcuts339
    Options
    Some never stop Inch of ice 0 degrees. 5 am You see the same brothers and sisters in fitness. At the gym everyday. We are all kicked it together. For the same purpose.
  • jeo33
    jeo33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm still hanging in there too. 10.2 lbs gone so far and a bunch more to go. In it for the long haul ;)
  • packersfan0103
    packersfan0103 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

I know it's totally cliche` to have started a diet/excersice program on January first- everyone expects you to fail before February. I kept my head down that first month so as not to be written off as a New Years flake, but now I'm proud to speak up and say I'm one of the 2015 New Years resolutioners who's still going strong! I've logged in every day since the first and lost 8.5 pounds so far. woot! So chime in everyone, I'm curious to know who else is beating the odds and sticking to the promise they made to themselves on New Years.
    I'm still here.
    Giving myself a year to lose 64lbs
  • Hurleyjer
    Hurleyjer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm still here too... I've been on and off mfp for the past couple years but could never make it stick (actually I think this is the first time posting in a forum - I'm generally a pretty private person...) I'm currently on a 31 day streak and have lost about 12 pounds in that time. This time I've decided to take it slow and not try to loose crazy amounts of weight quickly. I'm determined to make this time work... I've also reached out to a couple people to friend. I think that has been helping, it's very motivating when someone notices when you post a weight loss, etc. That said, I'd welcome additional friend requests from anyone looking for support or accountability and willing to provide the same... Best of luck to all.
  • tjcuts339
    Options
    Loving feeling great. Yes still here !!
  • tjcuts339
    Options
    No problem s. Where are my new years friend s. .come on shout out !!!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Woot woot I'm here! Decided to make a change mid-decrmber & started journaling food and exercise by hand. I found this app early January and love it!
  • tedazorlu
    Options
    I'm still in! Lost 10.8lbs so far yipiiee
  • tjcuts339
    Options
    Great. Job! We got the party started! ! DJ is almost done setting up. Meet you all commitment. goal oriented. Friends on the dance floor!!
  • bigsisv
    bigsisv Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Still here since Jan. 5, 2014 down little over 10lbs and going strong with the help of MFP.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8 pounds! I actually started a few days before New Years! I didn't want to throw away Christmas baking!
  • runeatrunlive
    runeatrunlive Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Still here! And more than 10% of the way through the year!
  • DrWhoIsYerDad
    DrWhoIsYerDad Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    been here about a year and a half
  • lovematthewchristopher
    Options
    I started in November of 2014, but still here and logging in every day. I am so glad to see that alot of you have stuck with it.
  • MikiFloofyPanda
    MikiFloofyPanda Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been here under various names. (The one I was on the longest with, an ex-best friend was added on and I couldn't have that after we split...toxic and abusive are not things I want to be near, y'know?) I've been on the site, off and on, for about 4 years now. I've only recently actually started taking it seriously though and it's been going well-ish. I've lost 5 pounds...so...that's good.