Weight loss Pills

Options
Does anyone know of any good appetite suppressants or fat burners which work really well?
Thank you :)

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    pinkpip wrote: »
    Does anyone know of any good appetite suppressants or fat burners which work really well?

You don't need them. Reasonable calorie deficit is all you need. Save your money. :)
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Sorry, they don't exist. If any of those pills actually worked, no one would be overweight.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Cardio and a calorie deficit is a pretty good fat burner.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    7210p1rg5w2e.jpeg
    Waste of money, eat at a deficit and you'll lose.
  • pinkpip wrote: »

Currently there are 5 weight loss pills on the market, but by prescription only and they come with many side effects. It's up to you and your doctor to decide if it's the right choice for you.
  • jcim1ru
    jcim1ru Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    That's like putting duct tape on a hole in your tire. It'll work for the short term but in the end you'll still have a flat tire because you didn't fix the source of the problem.
  • roisinmcdonagh
    Options
    If you find some let me know
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    nope_doctor_who.gif

Nope. IF they even work (which they don't), what happens when you stop taking them? OR do you want to be on them for the rest of your life?

Eat right, move more, drink water, take rest days, get good sleep. Repeat.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Coffee and water.

And exercise.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nope - magic pills don't work. Eat at a calorie deficit and get some movement in.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If there was such a thing don't you think the celebrities would be all over it. I'm thinking of oprah who has publicly struggled with her weight for years.
    If there was a magic weight loss pill that gave long term results she would have found it by now, I'm sure....
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    If there was such a thing don't you think the celebrities would be all over it. I'm thinking of oprah who has publicly struggled with her weight for years.
    If there was a magic weight loss pill that gave long term results she would have found it by now, I'm sure....

most celebrities do take megadoses of thyroxine to prepare for movie roles

- as far as to the OP most weight loss and diet pills are just crappy versions of caffeine pills and actual prescription strength weight loss pills such as phentermine do require you to be under physician supervision and have the physician prescribe them
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    No. Just frickin no.
  • MissAthen9
    Options
    Phentermine is an FDA approved appetite suppressant to be used with appropriate diet and exercise. I haven't used it but I know several people who have and successfully lost weight. The drug is recommended for limited use and requires a perception. There are, of course, the possibilities for several side effects including racing pulse, dizziness etc
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    MissAthen9 wrote: »
    Phentermine is an FDA approved appetite suppressant to be used with appropriate diet and exercise. I haven't used it but I know several people who have and successfully lost weight. The drug is recommended for limited use and requires a perception. There are, of course, the possibilities for several side effects including racing pulse, dizziness etc

You forgot the most serious side effect: death. It can cause heart arrhythmias that can result in death.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    MissAthen9 wrote: »

You forgot the most serious side effect: death. It can cause heart arrhythmias that can result in death.

Having lived with an arrhythmia since birth, I can attest to the fact that an ER visit for a severe arrhythmia (and the IV meds they used to treat said arrhythmia) is not fun.
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    There's no magic pill out there to help you lose weight, they're advertised to remove money from your wallet and nothing else. Weight loss is simply calories in versus calories out and it takes a person with "true grit" to understand that and then just do it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I tried phentermine once!! Never ever again. The side effects are so not worth it :cold_sweat: I can't even tell you if I lost weight taking it. I can't remember. I was only on it for 3-4 weeks
  • momentarydenizen
    momentarydenizen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have found taking a diet pill gives me energy, especially in the first few weeks of my initial diet. I'm lacking caffeine sugar etc and totally not wanting to stick with it. So I take stacker 3, purely for energy. You have to work out and watch calories. But this helps you to have energy for exercise when you've cut off everything else.