what are the conditions of overexertion as a newbie?

Options
2»

Replies

• snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @AliceDark, than you for your input. I'm realizing that all my physical measurements aren't accurate should be going up and down (like my overall weight has). I'm probably going to move to a moving average for results.

Why is it important to eat about the same calories everyday? Does it average out anyway?
    I'm trying to have a 1400 intake and a 1300 caloric deficit (not sure if that will last that long).

I'm unsure if it's more important to maintain a consistent caloric deficit while not starving myself (which I don't know what level is or if my body can tolerate it).

I've always had sleeping issues and some anxiety issues with coughing (from a flu almost 12 weeks ago) and high resting heart rate, until I flush those out I'm staying the course, listening very close to my body physically, energy wise and emotionally.

When I talk to medical professional they weren't alarmed and just sent me to the next person to do the standard tests as a precaution. I think I even got my heart rate to go down which is great.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    It's not important to eat the same number of calories every day. The only important thing is the weekly average. Do you know what yours is? The danger, if you're not tracking your weekly average carefully, is that you'll start to go higher and higher and wipe out your deficit.

A 1400 calorie average is too low for you, btw.
  • snowy0wl
    Options
    I know what the average is, Bodymedia and my own numbers keep track of that. I do have to focus more on averages but it's so nice when you reach that good number.

I'll work on increasing that 1400 (it's actually 1550) to something more reasonable. Ramp up slowly.
  • colingilbert13
    colingilbert13 Posts: 10
    edited February 2015
    Options
    To me it sounds like your CNS (Central nervous system) is taxed due to lack of nutrition and being in such a caloric deficit.
  • snowy0wl
    Options
    colingibert13, that fits, I'm working on getting to a reasonable level thanks.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    also, just give it time. Overtraining won't sneak up on ya.

I think I actually got myself into that state once last year, but I'm not quite sure training was the issue. There's some medical issues confounding that.

Work 3-4 days a week, leave everything you got in the gym, sleep well, eat right, and you'll be good to go for a long while.
  • snowy0wl
    Options
    Damata, you touch o something that had problems before my weight trek and I don't sleep well. I don't believe it's related to my under eating aa it hasn't go worse and can sleep.

Also there is a good chance that I'm doing better than before I'm just more aware of it.