To Lose 20 pounds........

Options
I will be 18 on Wednesday and I was wondering if I walked or ran this month how long I would have to do it. As in the minutes and how many months to lose the weight. I am 5"9 and 190 pounds. My doctor told me that I should at least be 160. I dont want to lose 30 until i see myself at 170. I am very tall and I don't want to get THAT skinny if you know what I mean. So I would love some views on this.

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I have worked with a trainer twice a week, exercised on my own at least 3 other days per week, eaten 1,200 calories a day and it took me 4 months to lose 25 pounds in a healthy way. You should not lose more than 1-2 pounds per week.
  • chaneldear
    chaneldear Posts: 8
    Options
    I have worked with a trainer twice a week, exercised on my own at least 3 other days per week, eaten 1,200 calories a day and it took me 4 months to lose 25 pounds in a healthy way. You should not lose more than 1-2 pounds per week.

Thank you :).......And question....so to lose 10 would it take about 1 or 2 months?
  • Tash_Bgosh
    Tash_Bgosh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You could do that in maybe a month in a half but you would have t focus on eating right and working out

Thank you :).......And question....so to lose 10 would it take about 1 or 2 months?
  • brianlocal3
    brianlocal3 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    At your age, watch what you eat and add in 30-60 min of brisk walking a minimum of 3 days a week and it should come off relatively quick. 1-2' months no problem. Just remember that it will come back if you start to go overboard on bad eating again.