Always craving more food!

Options
brita22
brita22 Posts: 52
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
When I was younger I was severely under weight so my parents got me a dietitian who told me to eat as much as I can as often as I can. Now 15 yrs later my metabolism is catchin up to me and eating has become an addiction. Anyone have any tips on how I can snap out of this and eat normal before I'm at a very unhealthy weight?

Replies

• curlyslim
    curlyslim Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Meal prepping? Know exactly what you will be eating for the day?

I hope you manage to curb it, it really can't be easy for you! but just have to keep working at changing mindset, and that can be done!
  • brita22
    brita22 Posts: 52
    Options
    curlyslim wrote: »
    Meal prepping? Know exactly what you will be eating for the day?

I hope you manage to curb it, it really can't be easy for you! but just have to keep working at changing mindset, and that can be done!

Thanks I've been working on this for a few years now and I have managed to cut my proportions down a lot but I'm still eating all day, and especially if I smell really good food(then it's over, I have to have it)
  • pancakehead
    pancakehead Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    More protein and fat, less sugar--that definitely helped my satiety. It's worth trying?
  • Indecisivgirl
    Indecisivgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem brita22. I will eat even if Im not hungry if its a food I like :(
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What is your current calorie goal set to, and how many grams of protein and fat are you set to eat per day? And how much do you usually end up eating per day of those two macros?
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have run into this 3 days in a row. UGH. I have since come to realize that I need to ramp up my protein and lower my carbs.
  • BeauShiraz
    BeauShiraz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cutting out the sugar, i used to constantly crave and pick and could not let food sit around. Went cold turkey with sugar and all cravings went. Not easy but lost 14lbs in 10 days.
  • meyerssheila
    meyerssheila Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Watching the carb intake has definitely helped me but there are still foods that will get eaten even when not hungry. I take what I normally would then cut it half and take one half and instantly ruin it (tobacco sauce on it, let the dog eat it and so on). I know this is good waste which bothers me too. I am finding I am taking smaller amounts now.
  • brita22
    Options
    My meals mostly contain protein, potatoes and veggies but I will eat till I have to puke
  • brita22
    Options
    Watching the carb intake has definitely helped me but there are still foods that will get eaten even when not hungry. I take what I normally would then cut it half and take one half and instantly ruin it (tobacco sauce on it, let the dog eat it and so on). I know this is good waste which bothers me too. I am finding I am taking smaller amounts now.
    I like this idea, and so will my dogs lol.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Carb intake has NOTHING to do with weight gain / loss unless you have MEDICAL DIAGNOSED issues with carb consumption.

If you always feel hungry... eat voluminous food. Fresh steamed broccoli is extremely light in calories. 148 grams is only 50 calories. 148 is a good amount too. Throw some cheese or salt on it and you got a meal in its-self.

Salad is also another winner. Throw in a few pieces of cooked turkey bacon, cut up, few sprinkles of cheese, some light italian, few cut up cherry tomatoes, and you're good to go.

Also, as long as yo stay within your caloric range, it doesn't matter what you eat, you won't get fat.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Carb intake has NOTHING to do with weight gain / loss unless you have MEDICAL DIAGNOSED issues with carb consumption.

If you always feel hungry... eat voluminous food. Fresh steamed broccoli is extremely light in calories. 148 grams is only 50 calories. 148 is a good amount too. Throw some cheese or salt on it and you got a meal in its-self.

Salad is also another winner. Throw in a few pieces of cooked turkey bacon, cut up, few sprinkles of cheese, some light italian, few cut up cherry tomatoes, and you're good to go.

Also, as long as yo stay within your caloric range, it doesn't matter what you eat, you won't get fat.

I disagree, lowering carbs and upping protein and fat can reduce appetite. But so can chowing down on a huge salad for some people. From what I understand of what I've read, we have redundancy built into our satiety mechanisms. Volume is one, but there are others that can be affected by carbs/protein/fat.
  • WednesdayJanuary07th2015
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I absolutely understand what you mean! 1st I never ever go grocery shopping hungry; that keeps me from buying a lot of junk. However I need to break my computer/cellular because I ordered Pizza Hut, twice within about a week & I am still craving it. 2nd when I eat junk, I try to exercise more; to counteract it. 3rd I bought tasting forks/spoons, so that I don't consume so much so fast; it literally takes me twice as long to eat. 4th cut up your food, like steak as you eat it not before; it takes longer to eat it this way. 5th even cut up food, that you normally wouldn't; like pizza. Remember it takes about 20 Minutes, for us to feel full; while eating. If one is dieting, they're consuming less; thus it takes less time to consume. Eat slowly, taste every bite; it'll better help you feel satisfied. Also when/if possible, multitask while eating. Like while eating with someone else, engage them in conversation; in between bites. Basically the most important goal, to limiting how much we consume; is to spend as much time as possible consuming it.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

I disagree, lowering carbs and upping protein and fat can reduce appetite. But so can chowing down on a huge salad for some people. From what I understand of what I've read, we have redundancy built into our satiety mechanisms. Volume is one, but there are others that can be affected by carbs/protein/fat.

All dependent by person of satiety by consumption of macro-nutrient rations. It's already been proven over and over that carbs do not effect weight loss / gain. Only reason to lower carbs is if you're cutting, due to it being the only macro you DO NOT NEED.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »

All dependent by person of satiety by consumption of macro-nutrient rations. It's already been proven over and over that carbs do not effect weight loss / gain. Only reason to lower carbs is if you're cutting, due to it being the only macro you DO NOT NEED.

That might be true if you don't cut your carbs extremely low, but ketosis really helps reduce my appetite. To the point where I sometimes have to make myself eat. And believe me, I am not one to normally miss meals. Or snacks. Or desserts. I think I might be part hobbit. Probably why I'm so short.