Im ready to tell my story...................

Options

Replies

• DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! So inspiring!
  • image0901
    image0901 Posts: 4
    Options
    That's awesome :)
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    AWESOME!
    Your story is very inspiring. Thanks for sharing. You look amazing!
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great Job! :flowerforyou:
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! That is awesome!

Love the story, so many of us can relate to that!!! Thank you for sharing and giving us extra inspiration and determination!!!

Kudo's!!!
  • CelticWarrior
    CelticWarrior Posts: 117
    Options
    As a child I was overweight ,it started at about 9 years old. I wasn't very heavy, but I was heavy enough , I played H.S football ,ate a lot and was very active, but that was the start of trouble. As I got older I still ate a lot and became less active, by 17 I weighted 290 pounds , only reason i can remember is because I had gotten really sick and went to the doctors. I couldn't eat for 2 weeks and I ened up losing 20 pounds in that time. So lets fast forward to my early 20's I was averaging 240-250 through my 20's till I was 27 then I weighted 235 pounds. At that point I felt pretty good, hell 235 pounds, very active 6 feet 2 inches tall I was at what I thought was a good weight for me.

Then came the early 30's I discovered online gaming ! so I sit and play and eat junk,drink junk. I did that till I was 37 years old, time had blown by so fast I woke up one day 330 pounds and 8 years later, must have been on auto pilot all this time because I barely remember any thing other than smoking people and laughing at the whine about how I was cheating. Eventually I got tired of playing games, bored with it. I had nothing left to do really and it was depressing ,wasn't working, wasn't doing anything ,felt pretty much like a waste of space. >>>>>>>>>>>>> FAST FORWARD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this was me at 330 pounds 2 years ago at Disney World with my family
    ( now the dates on the camera are wrong because, was just to lazy to set the dates for my wife )

1552302_9526.jpg
    1552302_1222.jpg

This was me on July 18th 2010 , the day before I decided to really lose weight and get into shape

1552302_5761.jpg

This is me about 2 months ago at 210, this when when I decide to go strictly weight training, that whole time I was losing weight I was also working out on the bowflex to keep me from losing so much muscle, little did I realize at the time I was finding a new hobby.

1552302_2951.jpg

This is me this morning at 203.8 pounds and this is the most important photo of me, because it shows me, that Im doing ok :0)

1552302_8873.jpg

I can't stress enough to those of you that failed over and over again, I also failed many times, I just kept pushing, forgot about yesterday and focused on today and seems that got me though it just fine. If i can be of any help just message me and I will do my best to help. Im no expert of any sorts, I just can share personal experiences and failures and triumphs and maybe this can help to motivate you. Bottom line is if you want to do it, you can ,only thing holding you back is yourself.

Good Luck to all of you in your personal journeys ,may you all succeed in reaching your goals..

I added that last pic of me from last summers party, the date is right but is off by a year, I actually been doing this since july 19th 2010
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    amazing job! Very inspirational. You look awesome.
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are! I was truly shocked when I saw the last picture - I know I can do it! :smokin:
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!!! Very inspiring :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Awesome dude, just awesome. Win for you.
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    really awesome the change is amazing !
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    Awesome story. How big are your arms now with muscle? I am doing the same thing with weight training and was wondering if your arms ggot bigger or just toned..
  • easy2lov3
    easy2lov3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thank you soo much for sharing your story it has inspired and motivated me. You look great!!!
  • CelticWarrior
    CelticWarrior Posts: 117
    Options
    Awesome story. How big are your arms now with muscle? I am doing the same thing with weight training and was wondering if your arms ggot bigger or just toned..

lol that is a really good question ,my arms used to be 16 inches when I weight 330 pounds ,then as I lost weight and toned up my arms they went down to 14 inches ,right now my arms are 14.5 inches. So to fully answer that question they got toned first, now they getting bigger.
  • new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    THAT is an awesome story :) You look great and healthy and happy!! Despite the strong man pose haha :)
    Thanks for sharing your story
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. My husband has joined me on the weight loss journey and I loved the advice on how not to focus on your screw ups yesterday, move forward. I think that is where we both fail.

Congrats on all of you hard work, you look Amazing!!!
  • miasmom33
    miasmom33 Posts: 12
    Options
    WOW! Amazing :) Thank you for sharing your story as it's so inspirational. You look great!!! My fiance and I are changing our lifestyle for our health and also our upcoming wedding. So far he has lost 35lbs and I've lost about 20, but it's so hard to stay on track and yes we have failed many times, but it's stories like yours that keep us motivated and get us back on track! I have to stop beating myself up when I have a bad day and just hop back on.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    holy cow!! fabulous!
    congrats to you on your willpower and perserverance!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!