daily water intake

Options
Does cups of coffee, normal tea or even green tea constitute a "cup" of your daily water intake?

Replies

• FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    No unfortunately not....I only count water as water! I don't count dilute cordial, coffee or anything else
  • dale530
    Options
    Coffee and tea also count in your tally. Many used to believe that they were dehydrating, but that myth has been debunked. The diuretic effect does not offset hydration.
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is a never ending discussion :neutral_face: I asked my GP and he told me it's the *fluid* intake that matters, including any coffee, tea etc. so while I do drink a lot of water, I'm counting all of it
  • Susanne_Violette
    Susanne_Violette Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't been logging my intake. Does it help to keep track of it? Each morning I set out 4 tea bags for the day. I don't use any sugar or cream, just different flavors. I use each bag twice so half of my cups are actually weaker and I use the biggest coffee cup I have. I have found that I don't care for the taste of soda's anymore. I tried Sprite 0 on Super Bowl Sunday and couldn't even finish half a glass of it. I didn't drink soda that often, or so I thought( one or two 20oz bottles a week), but now I don't at all. I think it has made a huge impact on my weight loss.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I don't really keep track of my fluid intake. The amount of caffeine in coffee isn't enough to dehydrate a person so you can still count it in your fluid intake. (When I get off my mobile, I will try to find the peer reviewed study).

This may be TMI- I drink enough fluids to keep my urine a straw yellow color. If it's too dark I drink more fluids.
  • tanyabecka
    tanyabecka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I ONLY drink water. 1/2 my body weight in OZ per day. I.e.- my today weigh in was 206lb, I will drink 103oz today. I'm down 31 pounds in 2 months exactly. Add me if you want to support each other in this hard journey!!