Does anyone else not log exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• wd9898
    wd9898 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So are we supposed to eat our exercise cals too and still lose??? I'm pretty new to this..
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I am inconsistent. I try to not log my exercise....but if I'm going to be slightly over my calories for the day I will log some of it. I generally end up logging no more than 1/3 to 1/2 of my exercise.

I don't log 100% of it on the thinking that the calories burned estimate is probably overstated.....and to give me some wiggle room in case I understated calories eaten somewhere along the way.
  • Becky170467
    Becky170467 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. When I say I allow myself 1100 cals daily, I do it that way because it gives me a bit of room for manoeuvre - looking back I'm actually nearer to 1200. I'm only 5ft1 and a size 12-14 which makes me feel like a barrel, whereas someone average height not a shorty may be pleased with being that size. My 2nd week ends Sunday & I'm measuring too so it's great to see the centimetres gradually decreasing meaning I'm shrinking!
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    hideyourgf wrote: »
    I also don't log my exercise ... but I balance that out by not logging all of the random condiments I eat (mustard, sugar, BBQ sauce, etc.).

This is my thinking as well. Tracking exercise calorie burn accurately is pretty hopeless, IMO, and a lot of people end up overeating because of it. Not logging that lets me not worry about mickey mouse stuff like condiments and whatever. If you keep the major stuff together and are moving in the right direction, that's enough.
  • nicole7743
    nicole7743 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I delete my exercise cals from my daily total and add them all to my Saturday total so I can eat, drink and be merry. ;)