Floppy/hanging bellies

2»

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    edited February 2015
    jontucc wrote: »
    @randomthai you look fantastic. The hard work has paid off. Did it take 4 years to lose the belly and was it mainly lifting as your exercise?

Thanks. It took me most of 2 years. The first pic was a few months after my last c-section. I wanted to lose slow because I didn't want any loose skin to deal with.
    ETA- Yes I only lift. Cardio I hate.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    @randomtai: curious what lifting has specifically influenced your belly, in your opinion?
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    I wish I had before pictures. I did not want to take any.. was to embarrassed and emotional after I had my baby almost 2 years ago. Now I regret it, as I weight less than I did pre-pregnancy.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    CynthiaT60 wrote: »
    @randomtai: curious what lifting has specifically influenced your belly, in your opinion?

Lifting helps you retain lean body mass while losing fat in a deficit.
  • CrusaderSam
    CrusaderSam Posts: 180 Member
    Just to be clear, lifting can help you keep lean body mass and lose fat but has nothing to do with the dreaded belly hang. How fast or slow you take the weight off, how much water you drink, what you eat and any magic cream you buy has nothing to do with it. If anyone wants to know more about it, just head over to youtube and you can watch and hear from real M.D.'s.

I did everything as best as I could, I lost 130 pounds. I cut to the point where I have a very nice 6 pack and still have a floppy belly. It happens, some people get it and some dont. Just because someone happens to have a belly hang, it doesnt mean they did something wrong, or they should feel bad about themselves. Just know, if you do get it, you will need to go see a few doctors about how best to get it fixed, everyone's case is different.

I worked very hard to get what I got and I am proud of it, so here are my pics.
    BTxys7x.jpg

And with my tummy tucked in to my underpants
    WQPwdG5.jpg
  • CynthiaT60
    You're amazing.
  • joh3092
    joh3092 Posts: 16 Member
    Just to be clear, lifting can help you keep lean body mass and lose fat but has nothing to do with the dreaded belly hang. How fast or slow you take the weight off, how much water you drink, what you eat and any magic cream you buy has nothing to do with it. If anyone wants to know more about it, just head over to youtube and you can watch and hear from real M.D.'s.

I did everything as best as I could, I lost 130 pounds. I cut to the point where I have a very nice 6 pack and still have a floppy belly. It happens, some people get it and some dont. Just because someone happens to have a belly hang, it doesnt mean they did something wrong, or they should feel bad about themselves. Just know, if you do get it, you will need to go see a few doctors about how best to get it fixed, everyone's case is different.

I have a similar case to you (well not quite the six-pack, but close) I have lost what I would guess is 150 pounds and while I am fortunate to not have too much loose skin, the belly hang is definitely there, and as I am 49, will probably be a regular thing. It's still preferable to the alternative still being way overweight.

Great job by you btw.

• CynthiaT60
    bump (so to speak)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!