Im 30 fml

Options

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I'm reading this... currently single myself and haven't even gone on a date in years. But I'm picky. I do not want kids. Ever. Where I live, every woman either has or wants kids (or both). I will be 30 in a few months, so here is my advice as someone in a similar circumstance:
    1. Do not get desperate and settle for someone who doesn't fit... that can only end badly.
    2. Figure out what you want and make a long-term plan for how you might achieve it.

In my case, I know that location is a weakness. Unfortunately, I'm locked into my location for several years. I've done research about demographics in various areas and I have a specific place that I can move to for the best opportunities, and I intend to move there in 4-6 years (unless something changes the location or timeline).
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    Jkfriesen wrote: »
    530roman wrote: »
    fishnbrah wrote: »
    no kids, no wife, no gf. ...\

Do you want those things?

@fishnbrah‌ here is your offer. You're 30, so you better act now.

haha, mr. Matchmaker. I don't think he's my type. ;) My question is more along the lines of, if men want to be husbands and fathers, what are they doing to pursue those goals? Being the best at Call of Duty isn't going to cut it. :p And being "cut" isn't going to cut it either. :p

i dont feel like i should have to "work" on it. i mean i could go out and get random dates but how do you ever meet someone good like that without settling.
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 30 with a failed marriage behind me... All good things happen when they are supposed to happen - that's my motto. I know that my forever kind of guy will come along when he's supposed to. Until then, I'm on a campaign for free dinners... just kidding! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    no kids, no wife, no gf. is there any point to carry on with life anymore?
    Beating your PR for number of faps in one day?

I'm up to 9...

Novice numbers. For real.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    530roman wrote: »
    no kids, no wife, no gf. ...\

Do you want those things?

@fishnbrah‌ here is your offer. You're 30, so you better act now.

haha, mr. Matchmaker. I don't think he's my type. ;) My question is more along the lines of, if men want to be husbands and fathers, what are they doing to pursue those goals? Being the best at Call of Duty isn't going to cut it. :p And being "cut" isn't going to cut it either. :p

i dont feel like i should have to "work" on it. i mean i could go out and get random dates but how do you ever meet someone good like that without settling.

Not sure what you mean... If you want to find someone to date, you will have to put some work into it. Generally, people don't just fall into our laps saying "I'm the perfect one for you, so let's date."
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Wow- didn't realize you were seriously asking for advice. My apologies for thinking this was all shred related attention seeking.

Little confused- define "someone good" and "without settling" raises some flags.

If you like someone. I mean really like, like them, you will knock yourself out trying to shine for them. That IS a little bit of work- but pleasurable effort.
  • northlandmum
    northlandmum Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You'll find someone when you stop looking. But don't settle for the first random girl that comes your way if she's not quite what you're after. In saying that no one is perfect, everyone has flaws and baggage, some more than others, but the good qualities usually outweigh those.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options

I'm up to 9...

I'd have to agree with this. Someone's slacking.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    _Tink_ wrote: »

I'm up to 9...

I'd have to agree with this. Someone's slacking.

Right!? I can do that in an hour.

• WarDamnJay
    WarDamnJay Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Is this a thread for people who are complaining about being 30?! C'mon man!
  • _Tink_
    Options
    jdayvolt wrote: »

If that's the case, I'm in the wrong place. 40s ftw!
  • WarDamnJay
    Options
    Well, you still look like you're in your 20s...of course, I've only ever seen your backside!
  • _Tink_
    Options
    Well, you still look like you're in your 20s...of course, I've only ever seen your backside!

Ha! I'll still take that compliment! ;)
  • WarDamnJay
    Options
    _Tink_ wrote: »

Ha! I'll still take that compliment! ;)

As it was intended!
  • blueeyesgrace
    Options

I'm still not quite 30... Two months left! I don't think I'll have as much a problem as I thought I would entering my 30's. I feel way better leaving my 20's than I did entering them...
  • _Tink_
    Options

I'm still not quite 30... Two months left! I don't think I'll have as much a problem as I thought I would entering my 30's. I feel way better leaving my 20's than I did entering them...

In my experience, the 30s were better than the 20s, and the 40 are better than the 30s. Age brings wisdom and experience, and that's a good thing!
  • WarDamnJay
    Options

That's what I'm saying, I think my 30yo self could kick the crap out of my 20yo self!!!
  • blueeyesgrace
    edited February 2015
    Options

That's what I'm saying, I think my 30yo self could kick the crap out of my 20yo self!!!

My 30 year old self will be MUCH less in weight than my 20 year old self, and my 30 year old self will be able to run 9.9 miles further than my 20 year old self (I'm running a 10 mile race in May!). So YES - Looking forward to what the 30's will bring!
  • ErikThaRed
    ErikThaRed Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    who the hell wants kids tho

Obviously not you. But my wife and I just had our daughter (1.5 years old) and its one of, if not THE best thing to happen to me. She's amazing.

Maybe he wants kids
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    43a.jpg