Weight stuck

Options
so I'm keeping to the calories MFP says I should have. I track EVERYTHING!! In the last 4 weeks I've lost ONE! Pound!!! I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, 30 minutes cardio, 30 minutes some weights. Should I do less cardio? Should I drop my calories?

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    You may be eating more than you think. Do you use a food scale and measuring cups?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    1) log everything. Everything. EVERYTHING.
    2) weigh/measure everything
    3) be patient - weight loss isn't linear
    4) if all else fails, cut cals by 10% and repeat 1-3 for a minimum of 4 weeks.

Also, 1lb is progress... don't undervalue that. Progress will NEVER be as fast as you want it to be.
  • cnine92
    cnine92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The answer for me has always been more. Don't chop calories out when you could just add a little more cardio each day. You'll get to eat what you're used to eating, but you'll still have a greater calorie deficit. If you can, try doing 20 minute cardio sessions twice daily; 40 minutes total and you won't get bored like you might if you're doing it all in one session
  • bfield92
    bfield92 Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Try not to eat more then 1200 calories n if ur looking to lose weight cardio is the way to go. Lifting weights is to tone. Also don't work out all the muscles in one sitting. Do arms n tummy one day n legs and butt another
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    bfield92 wrote: »
    Try not to eat more then 1200 calories n if ur looking to lose weight cardio is the way to go. Lifting weights is to tone. Also don't work out all the muscles in one sitting. Do arms n tummy one day n legs and butt another

Depending on OP's stats she can eat over 1,200 calories. Many women on this site lose eating way more than 1,200. You can lose weight lifting weights as well, doesn't have to be just cardio. As your muscles get stronger and increase, your BMR increases.

Edit for link: http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/weight-loss/in-depth/metabolism/art-20046508?pg=1
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    WEIGH YOUR FOOD! It makes a huge difference. If you are still stuck and you know for a fact that you not consuming extra calories then don't worry about it. The weight WILL come off eventually. I weigh everyday because it helps me stay on track. I know it's way bad for some people and they can't handle the fluctuation but it helps me to see the numbers every day even if they are bad. The last 2 weeks I have been vacillating at my last weigh in weight or +3 pounds!! I am really good about measuring and logging my calories so I was a little frustrated but I just kept eating right. I stepped on the scale yesterday and I lost 4 pounds finally! I only LOG my weight once a week. So whatever weight I am on Tuesdays is what I consider technically for my current weight. The daily fluctuations are not recorded I just like to see what the scale says every day.
  • 01megar
    01megar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat here, I weigh and measure my food daily, exercise 3 to 4 days a week, not sure if I should be adding more cardio, my workouts are high up with a calorie deficit ranging from 800 to 1,000, I do check my measurements at least 2x a month, but I have only lost 11 lbs in 3 months, need advice on how to drop more weight, I am 5' 1/2", eat about 1200 cal, the scale hasn't budged for weeks, though inches have dropped considerably about 13" overall, my workouts consist of HIIT, Tabata, stationary bike, and dumb bells, any advice would help
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    01megar wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat here, I weigh and measure my food daily, exercise 3 to 4 days a week, not sure if I should be adding more cardio, my workouts are high up with a calorie deficit ranging from 800 to 1,000, I do check my measurements at least 2x a month, but I have only lost 11 lbs in 3 months, need advice on how to drop more weight, I am 5' 1/2", eat about 1200 cal, the scale hasn't budged for weeks, though inches have dropped considerably about 13" overall, my workouts consist of HIIT, Tabata, stationary bike, and dumb bells, any advice would help

If measurements keep dropping why are you worried about weight?
    There comes a point where the mirror is a better indicator than the scale. Take pics and compare them month to month.