Frustrated!

Options
lcarrasco321
lcarrasco321 Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi! I am having a hard time understanding the formula for weight loss! I have been doing mfp for 3 weeks now. Keeping my food intake to 1200, sometimes a little over but I compensate by walking on the treadmill a little longer.
I HAVE NOT LOST 1 lb!!!! Is is so frustrating! Am I doing this wrong? I try to walk minimum 3 miles, the treadmill says 400 calories. So my daily diary usually says I am under my goals.
In order for me to lose weight, am I supposed to eat UP to 1200, then with exercise (400) I will be at 800 intake?

I am a 54 yr old woman, 6 children. I maintained a good weight (130 lbs) all thru childbearing years, a c-section (my last) and a hysterectomy. At 52 I started menopause and Lord knows, I am having a hard time! I do not take estrogen, only supplements I get from the nutrition store. I am healthy overall, just can't get that scale number to go down!

I only want to lose enough weight to fit comfortably in my clothes again.

Any help will be appreciated!!!!!

Replies

• jellybeanpumba
    jellybeanpumba Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes u should up to the allotted amount and then they say if you workout eat those too but I never do. I save them for cases in which I may really be hungry at the end of the day then I will have them for a nice snack.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi and welcome!! Read this, because you may be eating more than you think

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/872212

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Change your diary settings to sedentary and your weight loss goal to 1lb per week. Your calorie goal will be higher and your progress will be slow, but attainable (and sustainable). Increase your resistance training and incorporate plenty of core strengthening exercises. Feed your body good quality nutrients and don't fall for fads or trends.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Walking burns at most 5 cals/min unless you're doing it at a steep incline.

Try using this calculator instead of MFP:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ That will give you a daily number that you can aim for whether or not you exercise on any given day, as long as you represent your weekly activity accurately.

Also, the number on the scale is the second best indicator of weight loss - measurements are the first best.
  • evarga12
    evarga12 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Personally, Eating back your calories & using the MFP method can get a bit more complicated. You should consider using your TDEE #'s then reducing that amount anywhere betwen 15-20%. I use this method and have steadily been loosing .5-1.2pds a week.