I still have 30lbs to go! Looking for more friends to help me finish my journey!

Options
I am not exactly "new", but I am returning. From Thanksgiving to into January, I wasn't counting calories and putting in genuine effort into losing weight. On the bright side, I only gained back about 3 pounds. With holidays, school, work, and having been consistently sick it was hard to stay on track. (Even now I just tested positive for flu yesterday and an ear infection.)

I'm over half way to my final goal.
SW: 227
CW: 183
GW: 150

I have lost 44lbs in the last year- and I am proud of that number. I know it could be better- but I've never gotten this far into my journey before, and realizing I am over half way there is really motivational for me.

I want to find more friend who are active so I can get more involved in encouraging others and having others encourage me. A lot of my current friend aren't very active and a lot of the ones I had have gone inactive in the time I was away from MFP.

A bit more about me~

I am 27. I work full time as a home health CNA with a long-term goal of becoming a registered nurse. I really want to work in psychiatric care. I also attend school part time. I love to knit and write. I am super nerdy- I love playing dungeons and dragons and other tabletop games, play WoW when I have the time/funds, and actually love my chemistry and biology classes.

I really want to attain my goal weight by July. That's about 5lbs a month and I think that is totally do-able. July is my goal because I really started "hardcore" on weight loss that time last year- and to know I got to my goal weight in a year would be really exciting to me. Of course, once I hit 150, I am going to re-evaluate and decide if I want to go lower. (After talking it over with my doctor, of course.)

So please feel free to add me as a friend! I would love to have you!

Replies

• ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am about half way to my goal too. Have a BS in chemistry!! :smiley: friend request sent.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Friend request accepted! I love chemistry. I've been taking a couple for my nursing degree. Organic Chemistry was tons of fun. Glad to see others who are getting close to their goals! It makes me feel warm and fuzzy to see others who are also succeeding.
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I have 27 left!
  • missbethea
    Options
    I sent you an add! We are relatively close in what we have left to lose!
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pardon me but what does all the SW CW &GW mean? Im brand new to MFP. Half way thru needing to lose 25-30 lbs more after having my baby. Feel free to add me ladies :smile:
  • kimbercolleen
    kimbercolleen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! i just started here and I'm looking for some friends too. It's seems so much easier to stay on track when you can chat about it. I'm 23 and I'm pretty nerdy too. 20 pounds to go for me!
  • samanthabratton2015
    Options
    Wow your doing great! I'm sending out a friend request because you got me at dungeons and dragons! I love to play RPGs and mmorpgs, so I'm a big nerd myself :-) can't wait to see you reach your goal!
  • samanthabratton2015
    Options
    I tried to add you, but it will not work, would love if you could add me :-)
  • KatsFitNow
    KatsFitNow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all your success so far!!
    I'm a nerd- does Dr. Who count?
  • AntonioP23
    AntonioP23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! No doubt you will SMASH your goal!

Feel free to add me.....LOTR fan haha
  • Romeo717
    Options
    CaMelo1213 wrote: »
    Pardon me but what does all the SW CW &GW mean? Im brand new to MFP. Half way thru needing to lose 25-30 lbs more after having my baby. Feel free to add me ladies :smile:
    SW= starting weight, CW= current weight, GW= goal weight

• KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sent a friend request, we have similar goals! I am at 184 right now, looking to get to 154. Played WoW in the past, but I haven't played in a long time due to life, and it partially being the reason why I gained so much weight in the first place. I'm super active, and log daily, and also looking for a few more active friends!
  • missbethea
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Finally went through and added those of you who told me to. I've been out of commission with the flu so I lost track! So excited to have more friends!
  • MissVictoriaG
    MissVictoriaG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello, and congrats on the progress you have made. Well wishes with your Health&Fitness journey. Also with school. I'm a home health rn, as well. Love Nursing. Feel free to add if you like