Fellow Canadians?

Options

Replies

• veryfiery
    Options
    I'm from Ottawa. Just starting back into paying attention to what I'm eating. I pretty much ate and drank my way through December and January. It's time to move forward and get off the couch!!! :p
  • veryfiery
    Options
    I'm in Ottawa! Trying to get more involved in the MFP community. Anyone is welcome to add me. :smile:

I'm from Ottawa too! I'll add you
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    a few Montrealers here....I'm another one! To be more precise, just off the island to the west. I have an open diary
  • DuneSeaNomad
    DuneSeaNomad Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I really, really like hockey. Does that get my honorary Canadian status? Maybe?
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hamilton here..feel free to add me :)
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Toronto, with an open food diary. I do a lot of cooking. Feel free to add me! B)
  • ashleycde
    Options
    Illini_Jim wrote: »
    I drink Moosehead and Molson occasionally and ate poutine once. Do I qualify?

Sorry, you need to consume poutine at least a half dozen times a year just to keep your citizenship.
  • ashleycde
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    cnadiger wrote: »
    If you manage to find out how many calories are in a good poutine, you won't want to see any more "Canadian" food again. :'( It's the thing I miss most about living in Ontario....

As a Quebecer who lives within breathing distance of La Banquise, I only have two things to say to this:

1. Poutine is Quebecois food, not Canadian food. Poutines in other parts of Canada are definitely sub-par. (And no, this isn't a political statement. I'm a federalist. But if you're gonna indulge with the zillion calories it involves, you might as well be eating the best.)

2. A single poutine would probably put me over my calorie goal for the entire *week*.

That's why it's important to go to Quebec a few times a year. Just for the poutine. God bless Megabus.
  • jessmm1229
    Options
    Northern Ontario, feel free to add me :smile:
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    We are actually in the middle of Poutine Week.... how MEAN is this to us MFP users?! *Ugh!*

http://globalnews.ca/news/1805720/gallery-poutine-week-kicks-off-in-montreal/
  • Qorvus
    Qorvus Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Frozen Winnipegger! Originally from Edmonton. Would love to have some more Canadian friends!
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    We are actually in the middle of Poutine Week.... how MEAN is this to us MFP users?! *Ugh!*

http://globalnews.ca/news/1805720/gallery-poutine-week-kicks-off-in-montreal/

Poutine week. Well, since its poutine week, I guess we HAVE to eat it.

Dat gallery tho.
  • byanyothername56
    Options
    Saskatchewan here
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Albertan with an open diary :)
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Halifax here! I keep my diary open so feel free to take a look and add me :)
  • morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Saskatchewan!! Add me!
  • davemacdonald1
    davemacdonald1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    London Ontario here!!!
  • roady29
    roady29 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, from AB
  • meganyantha
    Options
    Southwestern Ontario here. Add me if you like!
  • roady29
    roady29 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I really, really like hockey. Does that get my honorary Canadian status? Maybe?

HAHA depends on what team!