Help! Need some friendly weight losers to buddy with

Options

Replies

• TreuTablefor1
    TreuTablefor1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Feel free to add me, I need the support!
  • meagankrkr
    meagankrkr Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    We have a lot in common! I'll send you a request!! Anyone can add me. More friends, more support!
  • lgmorgansb
    lgmorgansb Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Does tapping the persons name send a request ? I don't know how to send one. When I tap it all of a sudden it's underlined... Da. Not the greatest at some apps. Lol
  • ayreka7
    ayreka7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me as well, I'm on here everyday.
  • bfield92
    bfield92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in I got 30lbs to lose in 3 months
  • OGJake12
    OGJake12 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • lgmorgansb
    Options
    bfield92 wrote: »
    I'm in I got 30lbs to lose in 3 months
    OGJake12 wrote: »
    I'm in as well. Anyone is welcome to add me.

30lbs in 3 months is a lot my friend. Don't set yourself up to fail. Please know this isn't to discourage you but to help you be realistic with your goals. It all happens in time but don't sacrifice your health by not eating enough.
  • lgmorgansb
    Options
    ayreka7 wrote: »
    Anyone can feel free to add me as well, I'm on here everyday.

Me too. I've been diligent since June and I've lost and gained throughout. But the calculations are pretty right on...I go over in calories I gain...stay at or under and I lose. Now staying at or under is coming much easier. Only 4 lbs to go...WooHoo
  • risque_raquel
    Options
    I see lots of ladies willing to buddy & I am looking to build a solid support network. I have about 50-60 pounds to loose and have 2 kids under 5. (Plus all in original post
  • adotpw
    adotpw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, I made my goal on food today.
    WATER, lots of it is the answer. I know this and I love water. I just can't drink it because I am supposed to or because it fills me up. I declare, when I drink it like one should it works.
    Why is it that we know what and how to eat smart but can't make ourselves do it?
  • adotpw
    Options
    I can't figure out sime of the things on here either. But will do so eventually.

• funkychuckins
    funkychuckins Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I've been using mfp for a while now, this stretch is just over a month and I'm still feeling positive yay. I am an emotional eater though and would love some support along the way when i feel I'm about to break, i feel i can give support at the moment and encourage others. I love to cook and budget family friendly recipies are great to share around.
    Feel free to add me if you would like friendly support and can offer the same.
    H :)
  • lds818
    lds818 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    adotpw wrote: »
    Wow, I made my goal on food today.
    WATER, lots of it is the answer. I know this and I love water. I just can't drink it because I am supposed to or because it fills me up. I declare, when I drink it like one should it works.
    Why is it that we know what and how to eat smart but can't make ourselves do it?

My exact thinking!
  • gemdiver
    gemdiver Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds exactly like my problem, count me in and I hope I can offer some support to you and anyone else who wants to add me!
  • adotpw
    Options
    Sweets and bread are my weaknesses. I'm not talking about candy and toast. I'm talking about cakes, cookies, and pies on the sweet side. Then for breads, any kind from simple baguettes, to sour dough, to homemade biscuits.
    I think about 1 of them until I get it. Then I eat most, if not all of it, til its gone. I know I can't walk away until it's gone because I will think of it until I cave and eat the rest.
    How do ya'll get over those kinds of cravings? Do you get them?
  • gpk3kid
    gpk3kid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Totally in the same boat. I have a very VERY tight budget. I'm here for support. I lost 10 pounds in 40 days being creative in the kitchen with what I have. Would love to buddy up !
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love friends :) and lamp.... and food!
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    1. have a lot of weight to lose: check! Long term goal 60 lbs, I've lost 22 already
    2. don't have a lot of extra money for all the weight plans and premade meals: check! I'm on a tight budget with Hubby and a 1,5 yo daughter
    3. who are emotional eaters: check! Haven't lapsed in a few months though! But it's a struggle
    4. and who want someone that can help encourage them while also being a help: yes please!! I log everyday and I pester friends who don't log in a while :D

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes..sounds like me! Feel free to add me.
  • darksidesugar
    darksidesugar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 120 day streak of dieting while not saying no to my favs like popcorn and cupcakes :) Its all in portion control, prep and OMG special K morning shakes! The special K shakes fill me up in place of a lunch and allow for a larger excess of calories for dinner. I'm extremely budget conscious and big on planning and so far I'm comfortably losing 8 to 10lbs a month (except December lol, that was a write off but I got right back on track after Christmas). The special K shakes are great tasting and very cheap. Its $6.00 for a 4 pack and that covers 4 lunches :)