Hello My name is Crystal...and I'm addicting to Spaghetti Squash!!!

Options
Thought it would be fun to share recipes for spaghetti squash! Here's 1 of mine...
http://paleomg.com/buffalo-chicken-pasta/
...and it's just as good as it looks, if you like spicy food ;)

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    that looks yummy!
  • emartins1975
    emartins1975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've made this...very spicy but delicious!
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    this website is amazing !!!
  • Crea77
    Crea77 Posts: 25 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It is really spicy! Sometimes I mix in Greens just to tame it a little. Like a spaghetti salad... I also like baking the spaghetti squash and mixing in an organic/natural Alfredo, shrimp or chicken and broccoli/mushrooms/peppers etc.. to make Alfredo!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Me too! I will try that out! Actually both.
  • cutenikki07
    cutenikki07 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Yum!!!! I wonder how I can make this vegan!
  • PatinMich
    PatinMich Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this but not sure where to find avocado oil, wonder if I can substitute anything. I've tried spaghetti squash before, but eaten as spaghetti and it just didn't do it for me....but this looks tasty. Thanks for sharing!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love spicy. I'll try that.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    !!I can't beleive I just discovered spaghetti squash this week. Made pasta pesto with it a few days ago and pad Thai tonight.
  • nwiele
    nwiele Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! Looks delicious!
  • tamaradwyer
    tamaradwyer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai! There are several versions to google, I like chicken or tofu, carrots and red bell peppers.
  • tamaradwyer
    tamaradwyer Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    PatinMich wrote: »
    I'm going to try this but not sure where to find avocado oil, wonder if I can substitute anything. I've tried spaghetti squash before, but eaten as spaghetti and it just didn't do it for me....but this looks tasty. Thanks for sharing!

Costco had 1 quart bottles of avocado oil, I have loved it, lighter than olive oil, tasty. Sunflower oil would be just as good.
  • Crea77
    Options
    You can use any oil really. I think I actually used Sesame oil. Thanks for the other recipes! Going to try those too :)
  • kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    PatinMich wrote: »

When I first tried spaghetti squash, it was to replace pasta spaghetti, for regular spaghetti (tomato base). I hated it, but I do love spaghetti squash. I like it with butter, parmasian cheese, Mrs dash garlic and herb seasoning, and then if I want to fancy it up with meat I do. I can eat spaghetti squash in all kinds of ways as long as it isn't a tomato/spaghetti sauce kinda base. Just doesn't taste right to me.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,889 Member
    Options
    miriamtob wrote: »
    !!I can't beleive I just discovered spaghetti squash this week. Made pasta pesto with it a few days ago and pad Thai tonight.
    Try spaghetti straps next time, very popular in Amsterdam and Phuket. j/k

• kellster111
    kellster111 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is really difficult to find in the UK, but I love it.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just googled spaghetti squash lol. I had no idea they were the consistency of little noodles?? I guess that's why they call it spaghetti squash. I may have to try one sometime.
  • LuckyStarrGal
    LuckyStarrGal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Okay this just made me crave some spaghetti squash, thanks for reminding me of this! Oh also have you tried using zucchini squash as noodles too. Mmmmmm it's very good!
  • Crea77
    Options
    Yes! I have tried the zucchini LuckyStarrGal! I like using the Veggetti for stir fry dishes etc. I put zucchini in some Paleo brownies over Super Bowl weekend. You couldn't even taste it and it made them so moist! I did use my magic bullet to grind it up real smooth though :) Thanks for the reminder. I need to make stir fry this week and bust that device out ;)