cold lunch

Options
Cold lunch ideas besides sandwiches.. go!

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    pizza, chicken, salmon, spaghetti, salad, butter chicken, chicken fried rice.. basically any food tastes fine at room temperature IMO. Just not soup, but that could be a psychological thing for me.
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like having a snack lunch, veggie sticks, hummus, crackers, cheese, and fruit. Also salads, I know they can get boring but it's easy to jazz them up with different meats, cheeses, and seeds.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Cold pasta. Cold pizza. Cold veggie platter with guacamole or hummus. Cold turkey bacon sandwich with avocado. Cold ice cream. Cold ice cream with a brownie. Cold ice cream with a brownie and a frozen banana.

• iamafoodaholic
    iamafoodaholic Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs and baby carrots with sliced lunch meat of your choice topped with cream cheese rolled around a dill pickle spear.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Cold pasta. Cold pizza. Cold veggie platter with guacamole or hummus. Cold turkey bacon sandwich with avocado. Cold ice cream. Cold ice cream with a brownie. Cold ice cream with a brownie and a frozen banana.

Maybe I should have added a scoop of mint ice cream instead of having a third brownie tonight LOL.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Pasta. Quesadilla. Pizza. Idk I'm not picky about food temperature but there are some things I need heated up
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Deli turkey wrapped around spinach and feta cheese. Sweet potato chips. Bell pepper slices and hummus. Half an apple with almond butter :) That's what's for lunch tomorrow, for me.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Couscous or pasta salad
    Leftover meatloaf
    Salad with prawns and cottage cheese
    Frittata/crusless quiche
  • cheflaurawalke
    cheflaurawalke Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I make a big batch of mexican quinoa salad at the beginning of the week and have that.
    Quinoa, black beans, pulled boiled chicken breast, corn, chopped raw kale, tomato, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, red pepper flakes and paprika
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Let's see. Today I have: Apple, baby carrots, hard boiled egg, 1 oz of cheese, 1 piece bread.... well that's sort of a sandwich. I fold the slice of bread around the cheese. U could also have yogurt, any kind of fruit or raw veggies, hummus, pita, cold cuts, salad (u can put tuna or cut up cold cuts in the salad). That's just off the top of my head.
  • jaydubbayu
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm in and out of a work van all day.. no microwave! Needed ideas!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs and baby carrots with sliced lunch meat of your choice topped with cream cheese rolled around a dill pickle spear.

Hallelujah! Someone else who understands the joy of a slice of deli ham schmeared with cream cheese and wrapped around a pickle. Mmmmm!!!!

Yogurt and granola is my work day go-to. Easy and portable although you have to practice mixing without spilling.

• sw0312
    sw0312 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Flat out light italian wrap - spread with 2 TBLS Jalapeno cream cheese, add rotisserie chicken, and greens/ veggies. I add Franks red hot too! wrap it in foil and put in a cooler.
  • bkerr30
    bkerr30 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    My husband is also in a work van all day so I bought him a really good quality thermos (about 20 bucks but so worth it) I make big pots of soup/chili/stew for lunches (my kid brings a thermos too) as well as any leftovers can be put in a thermos. We live in Canada so his work truck is freezing and he says his lunch stays warm. You just have to add boiling water to it before adding the heated food. Hope this helps!
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do this but use the laughing cow cheese wedges in all the different flavors!

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I heard pizza up there! Lets not forget cold spaghetti (yum). Salads, wraps, I usually bring whatever I had the night before.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Check us out over here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10043413/using-bento-boxes-for-lunches/p1

You don't need to go the whole route of a cute packed lunch, but all the meals in there are meant to be eaten cold or at room temp.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Tuna plate with all kinds of veggies and balsamic vinegar. I also add 4-5 homemade croutons for crunch. ;)
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I like to do lots of wraps pretty much a sandwich but I think they taste better =) I like to keep plenty of fruits, veggies and nuts around to go with my "main dish", Greek yogurt has become a staple in my diet. and smoothies with protean powder in them. I try to keep my lunches pretty light because I always get the most hungry at night.