Food weighing

Options
2»

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    This doesn't answer your question, but I'd say...don't eat the mayo.

lol I had previously given up my mayo (forbidden love) but I had oral surgery a few days ago and haven't been able to eat, so i decided to make some mashed potatoes to get my calorie count up. I like my mashed potatoes with mayo.
    :/ weird. But I've never tried it, so I won't knock it - I've been told eating potatoes with KETCHUP is weird, but uh hello? Potatoes = soft fries.
  • caoceanlover
    caoceanlover Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I weigh just about everything. 1. because it is more accurate 2. because it creates less dishes.
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    This doesn't answer your question, but I'd say...don't eat the mayo.

lol I had previously given up my mayo (forbidden love) but I had oral surgery a few days ago and haven't been able to eat, so i decided to make some mashed potatoes to get my calorie count up. I like my mashed potatoes with mayo.
    :/ weird. But I've never tried it, so I won't knock it - I've been told eating potatoes with KETCHUP is weird, but uh hello? Potatoes = soft fries.

I find that they turn out a lot smoother when you add mayo. mmm....
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    What about butter?
    So I actually just measure my butter with the lines on the side of the stick. I'm sure that's not as accurate as weighing, but I mostly use butter when cooking and it's just easier for me to measure it that way.
  • junestarrr
    junestarrr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    acheben wrote: »
    I always measure it on a scale. Not only is it more accurate, but there is one less dish to wash.

^this is how I do it too. I put the jar on the scale, tare the scale so that it reads zero, and then scoop out as much as I want. The negative number will tell me how much I used.

Plus, who doesn't want to feel like a mad scientist while they're cooking?

I would have never thought of doing this.. total "ah-ha" moment. lol. Thanks!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Weigh as much as you possibly can.