mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    4/1: 170.8
    4/8: 169.0
    4/15: 167.0
    4/22: 168.0
    4/29: 166.8
    5/6: 164.6

Sorry checking in so late. I just got into the hotel in Maine and am getting ready to go to my great nephew's birthday party. I lost 2.2 lbs this week! I guess eating (reasonably) to lose weight works! This week I really focused on making sure my net calories was between 1200 and 1350 and I had one of the biggest losses since I started this journey. I made some decent choices so far today. We went to ben and jerry's and I got a fat free sorbet spritzer instead of ice cream. Also, I splite a chick flatbread at olive garden and had a little bit of salad at olive garden. I will be over but not unreasonable amounts for today.

Also, I went shopping at the outlets. I figured I would pick up some size 10 jeans in hope that they will fit soon... They fit now! They aren't even too tight, they are just about perfect. It was the best feeling to walk out of our shopping trip with all size 10 jeans and capris and Medium tops. In my mind I am not there yet, i guess my body is ahead of my brain :-).

To the ladies that are injured, take care of yourself! I have been on crutches and injured many times and it sucks. Don't let it get you down.

Great job to everyone. I glanced quickly through the posts and saw some good numbers. Have a great weekend! I will try to check in again tomorrow!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Update on Week Challenge:
    -20 Miles - Run/walk/bike/elliptical -
    -- Day 1: 4.78 elliptical
    -- Day 2: 5 elliptical 1.3 walk 1.5 bike : Total 7.8
    --Day 3: 5.2
    Saturday --- We will see :)
    -100 Squats - Do on bosu when @ Gym
    wed-Day 1 - 25 squats
    thur- Day 2 - 25 squats
    fri- Day 3 - 25 squats

-25 real pushups
    wed-Day 1 - 5 pushups
    thur=Day 2 - 5 pushups
    fri-Day 3 - 5 pushups

WEEKEND PACT:
    Under on cals Fri/Sat/Sun
    12 cups water
    no pop
    Don't blow excercise cals on junk!!
    eat the healthy negative calorie foods!
    To Do:
    Plan next week meals & go shopping

Have a fabulous weekend ladies!

And happy Mother's Day to all you moms :flowerforyou: It is wonderful that you are working so hard to be healthy and setting an example for your famillies :smile: Good job!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Sorry I was MIA yesterday, my week has been pretty hectic and it kind of got away from me. Before I knew it, it was Friday. I feel like I've had a marginally ok week, but it's hard to tell because neither of my scales is working and I need to get a new one. So, no weigh-in for me this week, but I do have my goals update:

My goals for this week are:

- Elliptical every day a MINIIMUM of 50 minutes M-F, and try to get a workout in on Saturday, if possible. (met 4/5 days - I was aiming for 250 minutes of exercise on the elliptical, and did 270 on the elliptical, and did 325 total for the week, so that's good)
    - Exercise in the morning before the kids get up, if possible. (met 3/5 days)
    - Get at least 80 oz. water in. Usually not a problem, but I'm aiming for that as a minimum. (met 4/5 days)
    - Avoid eating junk at night. I have some go-to snacks I leave calories for at the end of the day, but I've been straying from those.
    (Did a little better at this - avoided bad night-time snacks 3/5 nights)
    - Burn at least 3000 calories M-F (blew this one out of the water 3884/3000)

@DreeDub - I can relate to not being "regular" because I've been having that problem. I think I'm going to have to take something, honestly. It's making me crazy and uncomfortable. I have another week or two on this medicine for my foot, and I'm wondering if that's causing the problem. I also haven't recorded much of a loss since I started taking that medicine, so I think it's more than a coincidence.

@Loria30 - So sorry to hear about your broken bone. I had problems with my foot and stopped exercising altogether (other than walking) for about 8 weeks. I still managed to lose weight just by watching my calories. It requires a different mindset, but you can do it.

@cupcakelover - I wish you a speedy recovery. It really stinks to be so sick. :( Feel better soon.

And finally, I will probably not be on track with my calories this weekend. I have a birthday party this afternoon, a mother's day cake that my daughter made and a big day planned tomorrow. I'm going to enjoy it, and get back on track on Monday. And hopefully I'll have a scale by then!

Have a nice weekend, ladies. Enjoy Mother's Day, especially those of you who are mothers.

Bridget
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers!
    Sorry I never post in this thread. I will try and post more.

My goals for this week are to try and exercise more than I have been. I've been starting to slack in the past few weeks. If that means I have to go spinning 4 days a week because that's what I love to do and it will kickstart me then so be it. Elliptical on the other days and I want to start trying to do some pushups and also some weights for my arms.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Weekend Summary: Not enough water, way too much sodium and WAY too many calories today. I thought the hardest day for me would be Saturday but by far that was my best of the 3 days. I actually was under calories and got a sort of work out in on Saturday. My worst day was today. We got up at 5 am and headed back home. I was so exhausted from the weekend that I decided to skip the work out and grocery shopping. This left NOTHING to eat in the house so we ordered out. That on top of Mother's day brunch and it was a lost cause.

The biggest difference with this slip up is that I don't care that I had such a bad day because I know I can get back on track tomorrow. When I used to have a bad day it would carry for a while and I would stress that I can't get back on the plan. But I have been doing this for a while and I know that for the last 4+ months, whenever I messed up I was able to get back at it within a couple of days. So tomorrow I am going to wake up, go grocery shopping and start out fresh.

On the plus side, my poison ivy is mostly gone except on one of my feet. I should be able to get some kind of work out in and get back into that routine (except running until the poison ivy is gone from my foot). I also picked up some hand weights on sale at Walmart so I can start doing a little more strength and toning with my cardio.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Happy Monday! It is a new day and a new week. Here is my plan for the week

Monday- Low impact cardio challenge- Walking
    Tuesday- 30 day shred and marching band rehearsal (usually consists of walking and dance)
    Wednesday- 30 day shred or wii zumba
    Thursday- 30 day shred and marching band rehearsal + walking if the weather is good
    Friday- 30 day shred + walking

I decided to restart the 30 day shred. I have never really done it as it is intended, I use it to fill in rainy day work outs. But I am dying with my allergies so the idea of going outside to work out is dreadful. So I plan on trying to do the shred on a fairly regular basis this week and see how it goes.

My biggest challenge is this week is TOM. At least for the next few days it is going to be tough to get the motivation to move. Since this week is completely different than my normal workout routine, I am not going to set a burn goal since I don't really know what to expect. Instead, I am going to set a minutes goal for exercise for the week. Mon-Fri I would like to work out (intentionally) 240 minutes +

In summary my goals (Mon-Fri)
    1) Take a multivitamin daily
    2) Work out 240 + minutes
    3) 80 + oz water daily
    4) Below on sodium daily
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have been kind of off the wagon since Friday afternoon due to my early b-day celebration, hangover Saturday and Mother's Day... I didn't go TOO crazy but I didn't log everything so I'm really not sure. I'm back on it today.. started my day with my protein shake and some coffee! I find myself becoming really guilty when I go out and have fun, like I shouldn't be because I have a weight loss goal in mind. I don't think this is healthy. I'm going to try to look at it differently. I know a lot of us on here beat ourselves up if we have a bad day, weekend or weight gain.. we've gotta change that mindset. This is life, and life happens! In my history, "summertime" always is a HUGE wrench in my weight loss journey because there is ALWAYS something going on. I think I need to pick and choose what I "give in to".. that doesn't mean I can't do everything I have planned, but I can't always go crazy with the booze and the food. Thoughts? Are you ladies restricting yourself?? Giving yourself the green light?? I know the best would be "in moderation" bue does anyone "actually" follow through with that advice?!
  • Becky011
    Options
    LAST WEEK RESULTS: :happy:

-20 Miles - Run/walk/bike/elliptical - TOTAL: 30.66!!
    -- Day 1: 4.78 elliptical
    -- Day 2: 5 elliptical 1.3 walk 1.5 bike : Total 7.8
    --Day 3: 5.2 elliptical
    --Day 4: 12.88 (plus a ton of walking i didn't track) - 2.5 run - 7.24 bike - 3.14 elliptical

-100 Squats ---- TOTA: 125! :smile:
    wed-Day 1 - 25 squats
    thur- Day 2 - 25 squats
    fri- Day 3 - 25 squats
    Sat - Day 4 - 50 squats (ON BOSU!)

-25 real pushups --- 25 pushups! (they even got a little better by saturday)
    wed-Day 1 - 5 pushups
    thur=Day 2 - 5 pushups
    fri-Day 3 - 5 pushups
    Saturday - 10

I also tried the Hip Adductor and abductor machines (shout out to kerri for suggesting :flowerforyou: 3 sets of 10 on each with 50lb weight

WEEKEND PACT:
    Under on cals Fri/Sat/Sun -- I did it!! :) I was shocked but i did
    12 cups water -- Did it!!
    no pop -- Did it!! I've been clean since last monday, lol
    Don't blow excercise cals on junk!! -- check!
    eat the healthy negative calorie foods! -- check! need to do more
    To Do:
    Plan next week meals & go shopping -- Still need to do this

Total cals burned Sunday - Saturday: 2838
  • DianaM1020
    DianaM1020 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

O-M-G! I did horribly last week! Only two days of exercise and gained two pounds!

This week I am going to KICK IT UP!!

Goals: 2,500 calories burned! WATER! NO DESSERTS!! I'm serious!

Monday: Treadmill, elliptical, upper body, abs
    Tuesday: run 3 miles outside
    Wednesday: Spin, lower body weights
    Thursday: Treadmill, elliptical, abs
    Friday: rest
    Saturday: Biggest loser cardio max
    Sunday: Run 2-3 miles outside

THANKS!!
  • Becky011
    Options
    Goals this week:

-Burn 2500 cals

-25 miles (elliptical, run, walk, bike)

-12 cups water daily

-under on cals daily

-100 squats

-30 pushups

-incorp. healthy/neg. cal foods more into my diet

-reduce added sugar intake

-stay at or close to sodium goal
    -hip adductor/abductor at gym

-use the Ab machine (don't know the name, its where you lift your legs)

TO DOs:
    Plan meals for rest of week & go grocery shopping
    Review eating from last 2-3 weeks, print out and review opportunities
  • Becky011
    Options
    NSV: I'm wearing a shirt to work today that I haven't been able to wear for about a year and a half because I was too chubby! I looks good now :happy: I'm pretty excited about it!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone that stayed on track! To everyone that had a bad day or two,....you can do it! :flowerforyou:

I was able to stay under on Saturday even with two pieces of pizza for lunch and a small glass of Coke. Yesterday was another story though. Darn holiday indulgences! LOL.

I'm still wondering how many calories I burn using these crutches. I see the Orthopaedic dr tomorrow morning, so I'll find out then if I will continue to get massive guns and massive muscles on my right leg. :happy: I do have to say though I'm glad I lost 20+ pounds before doing this...I can't imagine doing it at my old weight.

Anyway, wanted to pass on my supoort. Have a great day everyone! The trainer had me keep my appointment today and she is going to give me a massage instead (she is also a certifed massage therapist).
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Kerri, I have definitely noticed when I have a bad day I'm more okay with it because I get back into it the next day. I also am starting to consciously think about what goes in my mouth, I did that yesterday a bit! I was still over on calories, but it wasn't horrible. But you're right it is life and I'm trying not to beat myself up about bad days because honestly yes it's bad for my weight loss but it's also nice that I don't stress about it that day haha.

Anyways, hope you all had a great weekend. I did pretty good, not much exercise but with my foot hurting I'm just taking this time to re-evaluate my routine and tweak it a bit.

My goals this week:
    - burn 2500 calories thru Sunday.
    - drink 100oz of water
    - doing a low intensity workout (won't be hard, me walking right now is at about a speed 2 haha)
    - take a multi-vitamin daily
    - figure out a workout plan for the rest of this month

Goodluck this week ladies!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I'm still alive but these past 3 weeks have been HORRIBLE as far as eating. Luckily, I think I've only gained back a few pounds because of stress but finals are over and so is the personal drama so it's time to get back on track! I started off bad this morning with breakfast from Hardee's because I had a long drive home but I logged it and that's alteast a step in the right direction. I have so much reading to do to catch up with what has been going on with everyone but I KNOW that you all have been kicking butt as usual.

This weeks goals:
    1) Drink minimum of 80 oz H20 each day
    2) No eating out!
    3) Work out minimum of 4 days this week
    4) Burn minimum of 1500 calories this week
    5) Stay under 2000mg sodium each day
    6) Get to sleep by 11pm each night (need to get my schedule back on track)
  • travelgirl09
    travelgirl09 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    NSV: I'm wearing a shirt to work today that I haven't been able to wear for about a year and a half because I was too chubby! I looks good now :happy: I'm pretty excited about it!

Isn't that a great feeling? Yesterday I was walking in Waikiki wearing shorts, and although my legs are not where I want them to be, they felt so muscular and strong and really, really long! lol I love those "littles"!
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I have been kind of off the wagon since Friday afternoon due to my early b-day celebration, hangover Saturday and Mother's Day... I didn't go TOO crazy but I didn't log everything so I'm really not sure. I'm back on it today.. started my day with my protein shake and some coffee! I find myself becoming really guilty when I go out and have fun, like I shouldn't be because I have a weight loss goal in mind. I don't think this is healthy. I'm going to try to look at it differently. I know a lot of us on here beat ourselves up if we have a bad day, weekend or weight gain.. we've gotta change that mindset. This is life, and life happens! In my history, "summertime" always is a HUGE wrench in my weight loss journey because there is ALWAYS something going on. I think I need to pick and choose what I "give in to".. that doesn't mean I can't do everything I have planned, but I can't always go crazy with the booze and the food. Thoughts? Are you ladies restricting yourself?? Giving yourself the green light?? I know the best would be "in moderation" bue does anyone "actually" follow through with that advice?!

I try not to restrict myself too much because I find that when I give in it is horrible (See Sunday). When I go out I come up with a plan as to how I am going to get through without doing damage. I love wine, beer, and mixed drinks. We don't drink much but I can easily over indulge. If I am drinking wine, I try to convince the people I am out with the split a bottle with me. If I can get the table to spring on a bottle it is less for me to drink, otherwise I can end up having 3-4 glasses of wine, instead of 1. With beer, I find it easiest to resist because I can have one and drag it out. Believe it or not, sometimes if I think I won't be able to control myself I will get a Jack Daniels on the rocks or brandy. The flavor is so strong that I have to drink slowly and it limits what damage I do.

I find food even harder to resist the food. If I am at a party I stay away from the chip bowls and try to find the healthiest snack food and sit in front of it. I also find the smallest possible plate to put my food on. That way if get more than 1 plate, it probably is a lot less food then if I was to have 2 or 3 large plates.

Just always remember that you need to make this lifestyle practical to your social life, if it isn't then it isn't going to work.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My weekend wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did so much running around between Friday AND Saturday that the extra "calories" I "drank" probably weren't too bad. I did a lot of running yesterday cleaning up after the birthday party and that was followed by a shop a thon at the mall and then a very healthy dinner.

I am SO excited to report that when I did my shopping I wanted to get some clothes for Las Vegas. (In one month, eight days!) I tried on 3 dresses and they all looked AWESOME on me. I was so excited. I bought a new pair of capris (size 8) and when I put them on - they were loose! I should have tried them on in the store, but I normally wear 10s and 12s and I figured size 8 would be perfect. I guess I could have done a size 6! That would be amazing! LOL. :)

I have been slacking on my water again. I bought some of that True Lemon stuff to put in my water to give it a little extra something. I'm on the rest of my 4th glass right now. Woo-hoo!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi girls, just dropping a quick note...I'm working on reshoots for a film all of this week which means longggg days so I wont be chatting much this week. I also will have ZERO time for workouts as I could be working up to 16 hours each day :(
    So I wont be doing this weeks challenge etc. I will however be trying my best to watch my food for the week and to log EVERYTHING. As Ive said before, film sets are the most disastrous places to be when you are trying to lose weight! There is junk food EVERYWHERE!!
    But I did well today, I brought a packed lunch and didn't snack on any of the goodies on set :) So YAY!

My weekend was amazing celebration-wise. My boyfriend bought me a week-long holiday to Lanzarote in June! Whoop! However I was being a bit ambitious when I said I was going to try to stick to the weekend pact! Once I got a few drinks in on Friday night I think I must have drank away my willpower for the weekend! But as Kerri says, life happens and Im just going to view the weekend as a good, fun weekend that I shared with friends and I can get back to my weight loss adventure this week. It's no biggy :)

So I probably wont be on here much for the week only to log my food but know that Im working hard and trying to stay on track and routing for all of you amazing ladies everyday! Have a great week! :flowerforyou:
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    This weeks challenge: burn 750 calories a day min (when I started 100 days ago my goal was 700, I have since lost focus) and do 60 mins low intensity walking (which is what I consider my break/lunch walks)...and yes I will take multivitamin daily!
  • cupcakelover103
    cupcakelover103 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    thanks all for the well wishes :) I"m happy to say that i'm finally feeling better.
    I hadnt been to the gym for over a week, as i was sick, but even when i was better i kept using it as an excuse. But today i finally got my butt over there and got a work out in. It's so hard getting back into the routine of things, but now i know i'll be okay and i have scheduled spinning in tomorrow before dinner :)