Options
2»

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ashmx250 wrote: »
    Sorry, let me re-phrase. The wrap I tried improves skin texture (tightening and toning) and reduces the appearance of cellulite with it's deeply hydrating formula. Its like 13 x 21" and it's considered a cosmetic product so it doesn't claim to make you loose weight. Actually they're really not that pricey at all at around $15 each. Results last 2 - 6 months.
    Even loosing weight and gaining muscle can be considered "temporary" if you're not keeping up with a healthy lifestyle.
    Comparing your "lazy quick fix" body wrap to eating right and excercising is absurd.
    I lol'd.
  • performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    jkal1979 wrote: »
    If you would like to see before/after results from these wraps, here you go...

Before:

stock-footage-wallet-full-of-cash.jpg

After:

wallet_zps58623175.jpg

I just LOL'd.

My SIL has given me a few for free, I don't even know why. The first time I was a normal weight and it didn't do anything. The second and third I was obese by BMI terms and it still didn't do anything.
  • ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Sorry, let me re-phrase. The wrap I tried improves skin texture (tightening and toning) and reduces the appearance of cellulite with it's deeply hydrating formula. Its like 13 x 21" and it's considered a cosmetic product so it doesn't claim to make you loose weight. Actually they're really not that pricey at all at around $15 each. Results last 2 - 6 months.
    Even loosing weight and gaining muscle can be considered "temporary" if you're not keeping up with a healthy lifestyle.
    Comparing your "lazy quick fix" body wrap to eating right and excercising is absurd.
    I lol'd.

Oh wow, I would never actually suggest to anyone that using a body wrap would be better than or substitute living a healthy lifestyle, and from what I've read up on the It Works company, that's not what they intend it for either. I apologize if my previous comment was unclear. What I was trying to say was that a lot of things in life are temporary if not maintained. I have lost 30lbs twice after both my pregnancies by good old fashion exercise and calorie counting and felt great! But sometimes you still end up with a little loose skin in areas and no matter how much ab work you do you just cant seem to get rid of it. That's where I would implement the wraps. If some loose skin doesn't bug you that's great, but I know a lot of people who would be willing to go under the knife to get rid of it. So if your considering spending thousands to tighten up, I don't see any harm in trying a wrap that claims to do the same thing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    It's not considered a "lifestyle" if you don't keep it up. That would be called a fad or quick fix..................kinda like the wraps.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    I lol'd.

Oh wow, I would never actually suggest to anyone that using a body wrap would be better than or substitute living a healthy lifestyle, and from what I've read up on the It Works company, that's not what they intend it for either. I apologize if my previous comment was unclear. What I was trying to say was that a lot of things in life are temporary if not maintained. I have lost 30lbs twice after both my pregnancies by good old fashion exercise and calorie counting and felt great! But sometimes you still end up with a little loose skin in areas and no matter how much ab work you do you just cant seem to get rid of it. That's where I would implement the wraps. If some loose skin doesn't bug you that's great, but I know a lot of people who would be willing to go under the knife to get rid of it. So if your considering spending thousands to tighten up, I don't see any harm in trying a wrap that claims to do the same thing.
    Loose skin is TISSUE. A wrap doesn't cause it to disappear nor to reduce the amount. Any licensed dermatologist will tell you the same.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ashmx250
    ashmx250 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    All I know is that it's worked for me and a ton of others, and that the ingredients are botanically based, extremely hydrating and nourishing to the skin and help to improve the skin rejuvenation process. Maybe you could take a look at the ingredients and see what's in it that really explains how it can do what seems impossible:

Cream Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Glucose, Caprylic /Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 12, Aesculus hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Urea, Centella asiatica (Hydrocotyl) Leaf Extract, Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Thalle Extract, Hedera helix (Ivy) Leaf Extract, Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) Leaf/Stem Extract, Ruscus aculeatus
    (Butchers Broom) Root Extract, Paullinia cupana (Guarana) Seed Extract, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Decyl Oleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, TEA-Hydroiodide, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Menthol, Camphor, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, BHT. Limonene, Linalool.
    Cloth: Polypropylene / Polyethylene
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    All I know is that it's worked for me and a ton of others, and that the ingredients are botanically based, extremely hydrating and nourishing to the skin and help to improve the skin rejuvenation process. Maybe you could take a look at the ingredients and see what's in it that really explains how it can do what seems impossible:

Cream Ingredients:Water (Aqua), Glucose, Caprylic /Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 12, Aesculus hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Urea, Centella asiatica (Hydrocotyl) Leaf Extract, Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Thalle Extract, Hedera helix (Ivy) Leaf Extract, Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) Leaf/Stem Extract, Ruscus aculeatus
    (Butchers Broom) Root Extract, Paullinia cupana (Guarana) Seed Extract, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Decyl Oleate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, TEA-Hydroiodide, Methylsilanol Mannuronate, Menthol, Camphor, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Eucalyptus globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid, BHT. Limonene, Linalool.
    Basically some of the same ingredients in Preparation H.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Don't some people put preparation H around their eyes for a quick eye lift fix

LOL
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Wish i could figure out how to post my before/after pics on here

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1041112/need-help-adding-pictures-look-here-tutorial-with-pics/p1
    Try this. I'd be very interested in seeing your before & after pics. I've considered using wraps a couple of times before if I've got an event coming up that I want to look my best for, would be interested in seeing how much difference they made for you and knowing how long the results lasted. 2-6 months is WAY longer than I expected, I only need the results to stay for a day or two, but I've also heard people say you go back to how you were before as soon as you drink something.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Before i signhed up here i did a wrap i lost 15 pounds ( as in currency) that is all!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Basically some of the same ingredients in Preparation H.
    jjf1a9uusj6x.jpg
    Works for the puffiness under your eyes too! (for about an hour).

• danabpennington
    danabpennington Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i am doing the wraps right now and the only good thing about them is for some reason they make me poop lol other than that they are a waste of money, please don't get it. there is no quick fix or fast fix.
  • pink061
    pink061 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here is my results after 72 hours of an It Works Body wrap. No I do not use it as a replacement to proper eating and working out. I added them into my life to reward myself with little victories throughout my weightloss journey. I've lost over 30 lbs thus far and have quite a bit more to go, but these wraps really help to tone the skin that isn't tight and toned. I have not see the results leave as I continue to live a healthy lifestyle. qh43on1gdw3h.jpg
  • JessicaThompson12
    JessicaThompson12 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Don't some people put preparation H around their eyes for a quick eye lift fix

LOL

I've done it. Cried the night before, slap some of this stuff on your puffy eyes. It works well.