Gaining weight??

Hi guys! So I started working out again but I have a problem.. Eveytime I start working out I seem to gain a pound or 2 in the first 2 weeks which usually leads to me giving up.. I used to do mostly HIT cardio and light weight train and just "try to eat healthy"...I'm trying something different this time. Lifting heavy and counting my calories and macros. 2 weeks in and My metabolism is better! :) but I gained a pound and a half and I look the same... Gahh why?!? Shouldn't I be toning out and loosing that pound and a half??? Help! Ps I'm 23, female, 5ft, eating 1660 cals, weigh 115.... Well now 116.5

Replies

• skinnyminni24
    skinnyminni24 Posts: 2 Member
    Id suggest trying to tone. You don't sound like you need to lose any weight... I've had the same problem you described as well. I never really figured out an answer though :neutral_face: I would say if you do want to lose weight, 1660 calories is a bit high. My goal is 1550
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Probably just water retention due to muscle repair. It's temporary.

Also weight loss isn't linear.

+1
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    That may be water weight. i gain 1/2 pound in water weight after exercsing- BUt it could be fat. I'm 5ft also and my maintenence cals are only around 1500 cals per day- so I would gain weight eating 1600.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    It's normal to retain water when starting a new exercise program. Patience is key here.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Id suggest trying to tone. You don't sound like you need to lose any weight... I've had the same problem you described as well. I never really figured out an answer though :neutral_face: I would say if you do want to lose weight, 1660 calories is a bit high. My goal is 1550

What exactly do you think 'toning' is???
  • Ok so I moved down to 1500 cals a day and I'm just gonna keep lifting and just be patient... Thanks so much everyone for taking time to help and giving me a peace of mind :) !