Lost 50lbs in a year, took time off and gained it all back... Getting back to it in 2015!!!

Options
Hey everyone! It SUUUUCKS losing weight, but doing it for the SECOND time is worse!! I'm pretty amazed at how fast it comes back too. I realized just this past year that it's definitely a lifestyle choice and not something you can ever just "stop" or "quit." I always love when people ask when my "diet" will be "over" because I know fully well that I can't ever just STOP.
I'm 5'7 and weigh 191lbs right now.
2 years ago I weighed 135! (Competed in a bodybuilding competition) I kept it off for awhile, but got burnt out and just stopped watching what I ate and working out. Within 6 months BAM, everything was back! My goal is 155-160lbs, hoping to hit it by the summer or near the end of summer!
Good luck everyone on your fitness adventure!

Replies

• kayleigh750
    Options
    Btw, feel free to add me! Idk how to add anyone (terrible with technology!) lol
  • quinnellsamantha4
    Options
    Hey everyone! It SUUUUCKS losing weight, but doing it for the SECOND time is worse!! I'm pretty amazed at how fast it comes back too. I realized just this past year that it's definitely a lifestyle choice and not something you can ever just "stop" or "quit." I always love when people ask when my "diet" will be "over" because I know fully well that I can't ever just STOP.
    I'm 5'7 and weigh 191lbs right now.
    2 years ago I weighed 135! (Competed in a bodybuilding competition) I kept it off for awhile, but got burnt out and just stopped watching what I ate and working out. Within 6 months BAM, everything was back! My goal is 155-160lbs, hoping to hit it by the summer or near the end of summer!
    Good luck everyone on your fitness adventure!

• quinnellsamantha4
    Options
    Happened to me lost 52ib in 5 months then got ill want through a marriage split moved this time round it's so much harder I think it must be a age thing !
  • wipeout1
    wipeout1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was placed on birth control and before I knew it I'd gained nearly 10 lbs and I was already fighting the gain of 20 lbs. I am now considered obese by my doctor. He took me back off the pills but the weight stayed!
    I am 5'3 and weigh 171. I started the 30 day challenge with my friends and family and we did lose over 10 lbs in a month but I see if I deviate from the plan at all I gain weight. How do I maintain and still enjoy beef, pork. The bread and rice I can walk away from.
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. I am down 130+ pounds in a year. I did it without the use of diet pills, a crazy fad diet, or surgery.
  • kayleigh750
    Options
    Quinn- I'm sorry : ( I've gone through a divorce myself. It was so hard to even get out of bed for a few months for me. All that matters is we are back at it now!

Wipeout1- I've never been on birth control just because of that reason and it makes your hormones go wild. I'm considered "obese" by the whole bmi calculator thing, : ( but I definitely don't feel like it. They never factor in muscle which definitely changes that. I know I'm overweight though or at least not where I want to be.
    I still eat beef and pork. I do plain browned ground beef though and only have 1-2 cups a day with a cup of plain rice or plain veggies. It's boring haha, but eating chicken and fish all the time is too! I'll have pork for a "cheat meal" every few weeks.
    Trying to get back to where I was and finding that balance to maintain the weightloss. It's difficult and a forever process.

Sh foster- awesome job!! I never did diet pills or fad diets either when I lost weight the first time around. I just can't ever not count calories or else I'll gain : ( I hate it!
    What did you do during the year to lose so much??
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. That's all it takes whether quickly or slowly. Just keep on keeping on.
  • kayleigh750
    Options
    And NEVER stop lol. 6 months of nothing was all it took! Back to working out 6 days a week and counting EVERYTHING I eat like I used to. That's the only way it's ever worked for me. Just wish it came off as fast as it took to gain!
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in very much the same situation. Lost a bunch, gained some back and now I'm here to keep it off. Feel free to add me!
  • kayleigh750
    Options
    How? Me and technology don't get along haha
  • SherrieFaith
    SherrieFaith Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Btw, feel free to add me! Idk how to add anyone (terrible with technology!) lol

• EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    ::Hugs:: Congratulations on understanding what happened!

The sad truth is, just a few calories a day more than you burn can add up to quite a bit of weight. I put on 50 pounds in three years; that's about 150 a day (every day!) more than I burned.

The extra calories - and the unnoticed calories - are really insidious. I was tasting soup to see if it was hot enough. By the time the soup was hot, I had "tasted" a half a serving. :/ For me, it's been all about portion control and awareness (and logging!) of my choices.
  • kayleigh750
    Options
    I know. And I LOVE food. I can easily eat 3,000 cal a day which is way too much. It's just nice not counting calories. I did enjoy not counting anything, but NOT the outcome!
  • susyndragness
    susyndragness Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. I am down 130+ pounds in a year. I did it without the use of diet pills, a crazy fad diet, or surgery.

What did you do? ??