Need a BIG MFP support group for my long journey!!

Options
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself! My name is Jolyne, I joined MFP about a month ago when I stepped on the scale one day and wanted to die! I can't beleive I let myself live this unhealthy and let my body turn into this big nasty blob! Well, now everything has changed!

I'm not looking to do a quick fix diet or to cut anything out of my diet(well other then junk food, obviously!). This is about a lifestyle change for the rest of my life. It may take me a little longer to get to my ultimate goal but it's all about being active, eating clean and healthy!

Here is what I need from you! I need dedicated friends to add me. I'm always there to give you props for a good job but I also need support along the way or else I might just not make it! Take a look at my profile and if you feel you can be that supportive friend then pls, add me. If you need a friend who'll support you with every topic or question, add me!

Thanks for your time everyone and good luck with all your goals!

Replies

• olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The support I've found here has been a great motivator for me - happy to give you the same support I've found. Good luck!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Request sent! With that attitude I'm sure you'll reach your goals!
  • new_view
    new_view Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like! I love all the support I get from my friends here on MFP. I would love some more and be happy to give out some more support :)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    MFP has great support, feel free to add me, always looking for motivation myself. I personally seem to find it here more with strangers than here outside the internet.
  • Runnermadre
    Runnermadre Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'd be more than happy to add you! Support is so important in order to be successful on this journey! MFP has been so great for me because if I ever have a question or need some encouragement, I can jump on the message boards or send a quick note, and someone's always there to give me a boost!
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me. I am always on here.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me. I am always on here.
  • Dani724
    Dani724 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! I love to see people want to make positive, healthy, life changes! Congrats to you for wanting to make a change. You will absolutely love this site. It has been so much motivation and support for myself as well as a bunch of my co-workers.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    The support here is wonderful, and we are all here to lose weight, be healthy and be the healthiest that we can be. You will get there!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hi from Hamilton, ON :bigsmile: Happy to support you! you should also consider checking out this group for young women and men working towards their own personal goals. It's a great support network and a very positive space. Feel free to "friend" me!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/229851-kicking-a-in-our-twenties-may-challenge

Meag
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Long Journey...Don't make it sound negative, make it an adventure. It takes time, but along the way you gain so much you wont even notice the time thats passed. It is all about life style change, and mental awareness. You will be amazed at what you can accomplish if you truly set your heart and mind to it!!
  • jolyned
    jolyned Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! You are absolutly right rmsrws. This is one of the most positive things I'm doing with my life. I'm so proud of what I've already accomplished and I can't wait to be the sexy me on the outside like I am on the inside!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to introduce myself! My name is Jolyne, I joined MFP about a month ago when I stepped on the scale one day and wanted to die! I can't beleive I let myself live this unhealthy and let my body turn into this big nasty blob! Well, now everything has changed!

I'm not looking to do a quick fix diet or to cut anything out of my diet(well other then junk food, obviously!). This is about a lifestyle change for the rest of my life. It may take me a little longer to get to my ultimate goal but it's all about being active, eating clean and healthy!

Here is what I need from you! I need dedicated friends to add me. I'm always there to give you props for a good job but I also need support along the way or else I might just not make it! Take a look at my profile and if you feel you can be that supportive friend then pls, add me. If you need a friend who'll support you with every topic or question, add me!

Thanks for your time everyone and good luck with all your goals!
    So glad this week has started better for you - I'll always do my best to help you out wherever I can hon!!! You are doing great !
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Added :D Hope we can be a huge help to each other!!
  • tara4487
    tara4487 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    ill def send a request i think everyone on here is very supportive im glad i found this site its so hard losng weight so id appricaite some friend request myself !! good luck on your journey!!
  • sedric
    sedric Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The people here are the greatest supporters you'll find anywhere so good luck with your goals and log log log so we can cheer you on!
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    Always willing to give my positive support and share any advice on what has worked for me :)
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I will add you for extra support/encouragement.
  • jolyned
    jolyned Posts: 28
    Options
    Again.. Thank you all soo much! When I first signed up, I found this girl who had completed what I want to complete. I had added her as a friend and eagerly messaged her to get some tips because I wanted to be in her shoes, I wanted to be that success story. She never wrote me back and like a day later deleted me! I have to be honest, I was about to quit this site when that happend. I was like... what kind of people are on here! I'm just trying to do what you did and try and get some support along the way! What a SNOB!!!!

Since then I had gotten a few great friends along the way and their support made the world of a difference! Now I have a large group of supporters and a large group of hard working friends that I can watch work hard and succeed with my encouragement to help along the way!