I'm having trouble with eating healthy !

Options
Okay so i go to the gym from 7:30-8:30 every otherday . Anyways well adter i get out of the gym i eat . Like for example i just got out of the gym and i ate meat with beans, and its 8:49 . I'm not whether this is a healthy choice or not?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Does not matter what time you eat or what you eat as long as you are in a calorie deficit.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Does not matter what time you eat or what you eat as long as you are in a calorie deficit.

(*)
  • worldwidedewey
    Options
    Try substitutions also maybe switch from meat to poultry baked as apprised to pan cooked... The site and app has a lot of resources to keep you in check... As a sports coach I recomend that you let your body recover 20 min before eating but that's what you are doing so...
    Yea good on you like they said just be calorie deficient
  • edoluna94
    Options
    Actually , it would be better if you wait an hour before / after eating before working out .
    Before , letting the food you just ate settle.
    After: letting your fat burn out of your system and cool off before consuming anything :smile:
    though in deed make sure you are following your plan :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is a healthy choice.
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Maybe try having a protein bar or shake before the gym so you don't feel so hungry after and it might help w the stress of making better decisions. I used to come out of the gym starved... The shakes seemed to help. I drink one about 45 minutes before the gym.
  • Dthomas1979
    Options
    hello.... at night I go on youtube and listen to a hypnotist that keeps me motivated and focused so far it is working you could maybe give that a try. its under Ultimate Weight Loss Hypnosis-- 30 day challenge lose weight fast. I started it 2 days ago and each time I fall asleep to it and I wake up refreshed and ready to do what I need to do as far as exersize and eating right....
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    hello.... at night I go on youtube and listen to a hypnotist that keeps me motivated and focused so far it is working you could maybe give that a try. its under Ultimate Weight Loss Hypnosis-- 30 day challenge lose weight fast. I started it 2 days ago and each time I fall asleep to it and I wake up refreshed and ready to do what I need to do as far as exersize and eating right....

I wonder if that is available as a podcast? I could see myself falling asleep to something like that. The only thing I have that I can take to the bedroom to listen to the internet is my Nook and the sound isn't very loud on it.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Okay so i go to the gym from 7:30-8:30 every otherday . Anyways well adter i get out of the gym i eat . Like for example i just got out of the gym and i ate meat with beans, and its 8:49 . I'm not whether this is a healthy choice or not?

It is only a problem if you have an issue with acid reflux when sleeping. Meal timing has nothing to do with weight loss, but some people cannot sleep on a full stomach so if it makes you uncomfortable or causes acid to back up, find something lighter to eat after your workout. Perhaps eat a heavier meal a couple of hours before, then have a light snack just before the workout and another afterwards.

• TruDsgbW
    TruDsgbW Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Seems as though you're eating pretty healthy based on that meal. Try not to over think it. As long as you honest with yourself and keep you diet in check, you will see results. Sometimes, I finish training and go directly home and eat 1400 calories or more. It's all according to what your goals are.

Stay dedicated and good luck on meeting your goals!!!

REMEMBER---->>> "If it was easy, EVERYBODY would be doing it!!!" ;-)
  • bluesdivaca
    bluesdivaca Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For the meditators/hypnotherapy folks - there are iPhone apps. Not sure if there are Podcasts.

Julia- MFP has just about any food in their database so just enter it all in. I find myself at the end of the day needing to find calories if I have exercised that evening a great deal. Good luck!