what kind exercises routine are u doing???

Options
I want to know what kind exercises routine are doing during week?? I trying to finger out what to do?? Thanks

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Your goals and personal preferences should dictate what you do. What we are all doing should be of little importance.

But to answer your question -
    I lift (modified 5/3/1) 3x week
    I play pick-up basketball 2-3x week
    I run and bike whenever I can.

I'd like to say that I stretch 2-3x week, but that's more like 2-3x month.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Myself, I run 3 times a week, followed up by some core/torso body weight exercises.

Tuesday and Thursday runs are about 4 miles each of varying types (intervals, tempo, hills) with a long run on Saturday (currently 12 miles).

For the body weight exercises I do 3 sets each of pushups, bridge, planks and pullups, most I can perform or longest I can hold out on each set. Might work some more in eventually.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I generally just do some weight training for about an hour or so a week, and will be adding in some light cardio shortly.
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Group fitness classes: Piloxing, Zumba twice a week, TRX HIIT Circuit Training, and Spinning. I get in my cardio and my strength and it's always FUN!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday - Lift heavy for 1 hour from 11:30am - 12:30pm and more accessory work in the evenings from 6-7pm.

20-45 minutes of cardio 5 days a week (minimum)
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Usually running, but just started P90x3!
  • rckystnfrd
    rckystnfrd Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    treadmill 5 days a week for an hour each
    bootcamp 3 days a week for an hour each
    HIIT 1 day a week for an hour
    Finally, a work out I found online I do with my kids each night
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    During a typical week, I will do the elliptical for 30 mins for 3-4 times a week, weights and body weight exercises 2-3 times a week such as stretches, bridges, lunges, squats, military press, bent over rows, upright rows, curls, triceps extensions, and a few different workouts on a bowflex. I just started lifting about 2 weeks ago, sometimes I add in different things as I go along.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I run, weighted hoop, insanity, and my bo staff training.
  • fireguychris
    fireguychris Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    5 day split.. shoulder monday,legs Tuesday,back Wednesday, chest thursday, arms Friday.. cardio on mon,wed,fri,sat...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Upper/lower weight split 4x a week (full body, even modified ABA BAB, just doesn't work for me recovery-time-wise), followed up 10-15 mins cardio, usually another 30-40 minutes of cardio once a week but this is optional. I've been trying to include it for improving my cardiovascular health and I do think that the cardio (including the stuff after weights, which I hadn't been doing efore) has helped.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I walk 4 miles a day Mon-Fri. I also do three classes a week: 15 mins Abs Blast, 60 min Stretch, and 30 min Metafit. I will also do 30 mins on the elliptical or treadmill twice a week, and try to fit in a DVD twice a week if I am not aching too much :)
  • adiamond100
    adiamond100 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I run 3 times a week and I also use a program called Body Beast to work 6 days a week. However jacksonpt is correct in stating you need to find what works for you and your schedule. Stay fit!
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    What do you LIKE to do? Honestly, I personally dislike exercising for the sake of exercising, so I had to figure out what I could tollerate doing everyday (well almost everyday) to stay on track with my program. I discovered I liked walking outside on the local highschool track (free, sun, fresh air) which was easier on my knees and hips. I also was on the swim team in my youth and remember really enjoying that, so I joined my local YMCA and I try to lap swim as often as posssible. I fill in with my tread mil at home when I fall short of the other two things. My feeling is to select what YOU want and LIKE to do. In my recent experience I have had more success with this approach more than anything else. Good luck to you!!!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I do Brazil Butt Lift and Zumba DVDs most days (5-6 days a week). Hike when the weather permits, which is not often in Feb! And chop / stack wood on most Saturdays.
  • sarbear112084
    sarbear112084 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I do HIIT for 20 min followed by moderate to heavy lifting for another 20 min, making sure my HR stays up during lifting, 4 days a week and then 1 day of 30-40 min cardio only. When lifting i focus on 1 muscle group each time (shoulders, arms, lower body, and back). Not sure what you goal is, but my goal is to be curvy/fit/have some muscle definition. I have done mostly cardio stuff in the past and all it did for me was make thin. I like the look and curves that lifitng gives better, defined shoulders, legs, and a nice round butt that doing straight cardio won't give.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Spin class monday - friday (pending this awful new england weather lately), lift monday - friday. Weekends rest. Sometimes double sessions if I feel inspired.
  • roxannecarriere
    roxannecarriere Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been going to OrangeTheory 5 times per week and interval training every morning on my treadmill at home
  • getfitrenee22
    Options
    i try to get in 60min of cardio 3x/wk...i get bored easily though so i'll often mix it up with elliptical, running, rowing and sometimes swimming along with throwing in some interval work, tempo training or hills. cardio days are always at a gym.

on the alternate days, i try to do a workout video or two...i use the website fitnessblender.com or the youtube channel BeFIT for a variety of videos...rarely lift weights since using your own body weight can be just as challenging! occassionally, i'll add a quick stretching routine/yoga poses to the end of one of these workouts.

i also give myself 1 full day of recovery a week
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'm doing some ag/ant-ag work right now. I've got some soft tissue injuries that aren't healing that I needed to step back some from my heavier work.