Tasty snacks

Options
124»

Replies

• MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    For something a little more savory, ham and cheese garlic toast. Top one slice bread with ham and shredded cheese. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Broil (I use my toaster oven) until cheese is bubbly.
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    For something a little more savory, ham and cheese garlic toast. Top one slice bread with ham and shredded cheese. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Broil (I use my toaster oven) until cheese is bubbly.

Now that's a f'ing snack!!!! Hell yea. I approve.

Thanks :) I haven't bulked but hubby has and I do all the cooking.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

I do something similar, but use Baklava Bakery's Thin Pita (because that sucker is BIG and I like to spread out my toppings for more browned cheese), thinly sliced sausage link, and an ounce or two of shredded cheese. Add spices to taste, and broil.

On the sweet side, I love a protein pancake or waffle with either cookie butter or nut butter, plus chopped salted nuts, melted chocolate, and maybe some whipped cream if I'm low on fats for the day.

... I'm almost always low on fats :wink:
  • alisonstory
    alisonstory Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    jaggerjia wrote: »
    This is kind of unconventional, but i love to dip a spoon in peanut butter then dip that into a mix of chia and sesame seeds. Its sweet and salty and crunchy and savory and satisfying. (The only thing its missing is chocolate)

Oh yeah I like unconventional !
  • alisonstory
    alisonstory Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    These snacks are bang on it now !
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I seriously haven't gotten tired of my apple with raw cashews in years! i don't know what it is but it's been so addicting!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

This sounds great, I usually just have pepper - getting some garlic salt now!

Edit: do you guys have soda scones? Really nice alternative to bread for toasted cheese.
  • savlove338
    savlove338 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like greek yogurt, french toast crunch, and pb2 all mixed together. it is quite amazing!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Goddamn it @MrM27‌ just creeped your diary for foodspiration, you haven't logged any of that good stuff :(
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like to mix a dash of honey in plain greek yogurt and dip (green) apple slices in it.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »

Edit: do you guys have soda scones? Really nice alternative to bread for toasted cheese.
    Seriously I know that sandwich isn't some gourmet creation but now I'm craving one. I think it's happening this weekend. Last weekend I used a ham in some stuff pork chops I made but it's to expensive to buy again just to cook with. It's was 89 freaking dollars per lb for the ham.

What the hell was up with that ham?! Was it one of dbmata's lovingly prepared creations?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    3laine75 wrote: »

Seriously I know that sandwich isn't some gourmet creation but now I'm craving one. I think it's happening this weekend. Last weekend I used a ham in some stuff pork chops I made but it's to expensive to buy again just to cook with. It's was 89 freaking dollars per lb for the ham.

What the hell was up with that ham?! Was it one of dbmata's lovingly prepared creations?

Lol. My man Dbmata is a cooking genius but no it wasn't.

http://m.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/83-pound-cured-meat-sheep-pig-commands-lot-bacon-article-1.207446#bmb=1

http://www.dartagnan.com/Mangalica-Ham/PDRSH010,default,pd.html

http://www.cooksinfo.com/mangalica-ham

Hm, interesting. I'd be willing to try it, but man, that's expensive!
  • natchi42
    natchi42 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Coconut Yoghurt from Coyo