Eating Disorder Support Needed.

Options
cem2168
cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
Hi Everyone! I love MFP and everyone on it :) I realized today that I could use a little more support and was wondering if anyone would be willing. In the past some people on MFP have not been too supportive and downright disrespectful and rude with certain comments concerning my lifestyle.

Unfortunately, I do have an eating disorder... one I have been well aware of for a few years and I have been trying to fight back while still trying to get to a healthy weight. Its hard to balance both! I do have about 10-15 more lbs to lose, which I do want to do in a HEALTHY way. Unfortunately, my ED gets in the way of the health part sometimes. If anyone would be willing to give me support as I try to get healthy inside and out I would be very happy! Thanks so much!

Also:

I do support those who support me. I do not want anyone to develop an eating disorder and I will not encourage any unhealthy habits either. Just so thats clear.

Replies

• freyalillie
    freyalillie Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey, so sorry to hear about your illness :/ I hope you get well soon!
    I'll support you if the support is needed, I won't judge you :)
    Good luck :)
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I support all healthy eating! Add me if you like. I have recovered from an ED (if you ever really do) and am here to fuel my body and work my way up to a half marathon! Stay safe and stay healthy :D
  • KerrySayers27
    KerrySayers27 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a friend request. I am happy to support you and I don't judge. Healthy eating is the best way to get there...and it makes you feel so much better as well. xxx
  • cem2168
    Options
    thank you so much!!
  • proncess1962
    Options
    Eating disorders are difficult to deal with on your own. I myself am an overeater. I will support you however I can. Feel free to add me.
  • audreyyrose
    audreyyrose Posts: 85
    Options
    of course! here anytime <3
  • memecade
    memecade Posts: 19
    Options
    I have an over-eating disorder. :) I'll support ya! I'm trying to lose over 20 more lbs so could use all the support I can get in return!
  • abryant136
    abryant136 Posts: 3
    Options
    It's such a difficult disease to deal with. You can't stop eating, the way you can stop drinking, for example. You have to eat in moderation, while eating enough, and your disease will try to trick you all the way :( I fight it too. I don't have to lose weight, but signed on to try to take charge of how I eat, and it's been really great for that - I eat much better than I did. But within a few days of starting to log, I struggled with trying not to be too jubilant when I have lost weight (too fast) or come in under my caloric goal for the day. I'm really sorry you are carrying this load. My advice is to try to make sure you are honest with yourself, and keep a (somewhat) objective eye on yourself, so you don't spin out of control as the pounds come off. I have come to realize that, for me, this is a life long struggle. Sometimes it's hard, and takes up a lot of time in my head, and sometimes it's not so bad. But it's my constant companion. Hang in! And I think you're doing the right thing reaching out.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you have been mistreated by people. You realize you have an ED and that is a HUGE step in recovering/managing it. You're doing the right thing by eating healthy and seeking support. Good Luck!! Take care of yourself. Add me if you like. :happy:
  • ashleigh2311
    ashleigh2311 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Im sorry you havent felt supported on here.

my eating disorder was/is hardest thing i have ever gone through in my life, so i know how tough it is, and how crucial support is.

Feel free to add me, i will support you in any way i can
  • workoutqueen628
    Options
    I am assuming your problem is you don't eat ENOUGH...right?? Because your calories are always super low. Everyone has their issues with eating/ food, whether it's eating too much or not enough. It's really hard to find that balance. So just know that you are not alone!! But I think this site is really helpful in making sure you get enough calories in per day. The reason I love MFP is because you don't have to diet- and by that I mean, you don't need to cut back or eat TINY portions to lose weight! This is not a low-calorie diet. You need to eat because your body needs fuel!
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    DEFINITELY!
    100%, I'm here. ALWAYS :flowerforyou:

xxx
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Add me, I will offer what I can, this is a tough road that few really understand♥
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I really respect your honesty. I have had an ED in the past and because of this I have never had scales in the house, as I know once I start measuring my weight loss I won't be happy whatever weight I am. I just need to get that number down when I start tracking it. That isn't my aim now, I want to be healthy and live a long time.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I have recovered from an eating disorder myself (anorexia nervosa AND bulimia nervosa, for the curious.) Guess I over-recovered since I'm now needing to lose weight... But anyway...

Even though the behaviors are no longer there, once in a while, ED rears its head in my thoughts. When the numbers on the scale don't move, it's very tempting to say "Heh - *I* know how to lose weight..." and not eat.

So I think I know where you're coming from. If I can help in any way, please message me.

Jessica
  • cem2168
    Options
    I am assuming your problem is you don't eat ENOUGH...right?? Because your calories are always super low. Everyone has their issues with eating/ food, whether it's eating too much or not enough. It's really hard to find that balance. So just know that you are not alone!! But I think this site is really helpful in making sure you get enough calories in per day. The reason I love MFP is because you don't have to diet- and by that I mean, you don't need to cut back or eat TINY portions to lose weight! This is not a low-calorie diet. You need to eat because your body needs fuel!

yes, I don't eat enough
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm here too <3 I have "EDNOS" which for all I can tell means "you're disordered....but we don't know how..." but I'm def with you on the no judgment thing :) feel free to friend.
  • cortne28
    cortne28 Posts: 32
    Options
    <33 support.
  • DancingYogini
    DancingYogini Posts: 377
    Options
    I'll support you sweetie!!:flowerforyou: Never an ounce of judgement from me...ever!! I have never had a diagnosed ED, but have major control issues when it comes to food...(runs in my family, my sister is a recovered bullimic). I am trying to maintain, and build muscle now, and allow myself to eat whatever I want. Took me a while, but I am able to do it, with only a tiny bit of guilt and anxiety now. Add me as a friend....I will always be there for all of the MFP'ers that are in need of extra support :heart:
  • realgirl9892
    Options
    I am in your position as well. i have struggled with an eating disorder and it often gets in the way of healthy thoughts.