Options
2»

Replies

• htowey
    htowey Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    "ana3067 wrote: »
    1I never know when my period is coming because I don't track it. It's regular, but I just alwasy somehow forget that three weeks have gone by since my last period.. it always feels like it's been years in between.

^^this i actually forget that periods are a thing that actually happen until the day my cycle starts haha sadly i've indulged a little too much exceeding my calories for the past 2 days with cupcakes
  • Arliah
    Arliah Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It's that week of the month for me, and so far I got my cravings under control, but I know that tomorrow or the day after I will probably be craving chocolate. I try to mitigate that by having a protein bar or hot chocolate with milk. But sometimes not even that works and it HAS to be chocolate, so I give it, log it and get on with my life (although I don't like to look at my diary when it's messed up like that).
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I'm there right now and yesterday I ate everything in the house. LOL Not healthy, but it happens.

Peanut butter is usually my go to. I have crazy peanut butter cravings right before I start. I think it's the fat. I eat a ton of peanut butter and I'll start the next day, like clockwork.
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I actually did a little research into this last month and found a report (not sure how accurate it was) that said that women crave chocolate during their periods because it's a mood lifter at a time when hormones can make you a little depressed or down. It also said that your body craves quick to digest energy foods because it can be so draining.

I'm going with the theory that I'm going to eat what I fancy and not beat myself up over it because it's only for a few days a month. :smile:
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I had a weight watchers fudge pop last night. It is huge and only 100 calories. Totally hit the spot.
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I typically just eat whatever I am craving, but like others have said on here.. in moderation and within my calorie goal! I get painful periods, so I am often not in the mood to cook or attempt to find/make healthy snacks. Sometimes ordering pizza or going to the drive though is all I can manage to do. But I still track the calories and make sure it fits into my day! One of my MAJOR cravings is pizza with ranch dressing and red wine.. and almost every month I tend to have it at least one of the days. I just make sure I have 1-2 slices of pizza and stop.. and not have 4 or 5!

One thing that helps me keep my indulgences in check is that I am bloated and gain close to 5 lbs during that time. When I already feel fat, it is easier to tell myself to put the food down so I don't bloat up more.

Luckily for me, I always start on Friday evening and the worst is over before I go back to work Monday. This helps, because I can get away with eating only one or two larger meals throughout the day since I am sleeping in and not tied down to a schedule.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    I am going through this right now and it is not going well! I am thinking as long as I keep my exercising up and don't go over maintenance calories then I'm fine! I seriously don't worry about going over when I'm on.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    klund13 wrote: »
    I had a weight watchers fudge pop last night. It is huge and only 100 calories. Totally hit the spot.

Those things are huge; especially, for the small amount of calories.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I feed me. Whatever I want. Kill my cravings in one day only. I'll exercise... I'll go over anyways. I don't freak out, don't worry about it, continue on my way the next day. I still lose weight. It's not a race.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I succumbed to the craving of Duncan Hines Cream Cheese frosting straight from the can earlier this week. I had a total of 8 tablespoonfuls between a 2 day period and threw the remainder of the can in the garbage. I try my best to beat PMS & cravings at their own game, but I am no match for them. Their double teaming tactics are too much for me. If I do give in, most times once I have a small taste, I'm good to go and that's all I really needed anyway.

I have found that fresh fruit helps with mine - especially bananas & cherries. Cherries just seem so naughty to eat - almost like it's too good to be true. I think it's because their "finger food-ish" which makes me think I'm snacking. They're also nice and sweet, and then I don't crave sweets or too many carbs when I have them.
  • tabby_123
    tabby_123 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving spice, I put pickled jalapenos on my normal food (sandwiches, eggs, salads). Very minimal calories but satisfying.
    When I want something sweet, I get the frozen greek yogurt cups or frozen grapes. Both really satisfying and still fit into a clean eating lifestyle.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just wanted to add that Weight Watchers makes some decent bite size snack cakes for around 80-90 calories for those who want a lower calorie option to satisfy your sweet tooth.

The Salted Caramel Brownie Bliss & Peanut Butter Brownie Bliss are pretty decent tasting.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I usually give in. I never know what I'm going to crave. And since having my tubes tied last August, I can never predict exactly when it's going to hit ( warning quick rant: I really do have a lot of experience tracking in order to get pregnant with my son. But I seriously can not get the timing right anymore, and it really pisses me off). So I'm always caught off gaurd with the cravings. I just do my best to keep up with my exercise to lessen the effects of any overeating
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! The way I deal with it is by eating chocolate:) and logging it, of course!