Trouble putting on weight

Options
Hi! I'm currently on a medication that makes it very hard for me to put on weight. I'm 5 feet tall and about 97 pounds right now. I'd like to get up to around 120 but right now im having so much trouble consuming enough calories everyday. I'd like some suggestions; what's worked for you and what are some foods that are very high in calories but are manageable for a girl on a budget. I need suggestions! I'm not worried about putting on muscle just yet either, just fat, and lots of it. Thank you!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Whole milk, soda, fruit juice, peanut butter, nutella, candy, rice, avocado, guacamole, cookies, brownies, full fat ice cream, etc.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    i bet your eating less calories then you think and need to gain weight

Are you weighing all food? Whats your intake
  • alissafishburn374
    Options
    Thank you those are great suggestions. The more junk food the better, for now at least. Right now it's anywhere from 1,600 to 2,000 calories a day. That's with 3 meals and a snack or two. I can't afford to eat out so I have to make all my meals at home and it seems my cooking is too healthy. Im counting them with this app to keep track but I always find myself at the end of the day being stuffed and still needing another 2 to 300 calories. Thanks again, I'll be taking all of these suggestions with me tomorrow when I go grocery shopping :)
  • SXMEnrico
    SXMEnrico Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    no need for junk food. Just get yourself some protein powder, add fruit, peanut butter, etc and drink your calories.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Thank you those are great suggestions. The more junk food the better, for now at least. Right now it's anywhere from 1,600 to 2,000 calories a day. That's with 3 meals and a snack or two. I can't afford to eat out so I have to make all my meals at home and it seems my cooking is too healthy. Im counting them with this app to keep track but I always find myself at the end of the day being stuffed and still needing another 2 to 300 calories. Thanks again, I'll be taking all of these suggestions with me tomorrow when I go grocery shopping :)

There are inexpensive foods to bulk, but some of them can be filling, so you'll need to find a good balance. Super cheap but possibly filling: rice, dried beans, oats. A little more expensive and more calorie dense: peanut butter, eggs, dairy, butter, oil, etc.

As mentioned, drink your calories when you can to prevent you from feeling as full, so juice, milk, milkshakes, weight gaining shakes (see previous recipe, but you can also add oats to it), etc.