Alcohol

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Have any of you seen a diffence when u cut out alcohol?

The girls at the bar don't look near as nice as usual.

*Snort* that just means you need a better bar!
  • iamburke
    iamburke Posts: 51 Member
    UGH it's hard. On the weekends was used to drinking w bfriend whos skinny. YES alcohol has calories. So I'm cutting it out and on the weekend I will log it. Jamison's my fave is 70 calories a shot except the pub I go to one drink is like three shots. You can see how a few drinks add up. That's a lot of food. You could be eating anyone else struggle with this. Pls send me a friend request. Thanks!.
  • krknobbe10
    krknobbe10 Posts: 110 Member
    I only drink on the weekends but even then, I have like two-three drinks on Friday and Sunday. Saturday I may have more and watch my diet. But I tend to put a longer workout in Saturday morning. I have been able to lose weight and keep it off. Lately, I have been getting to a point where my stomach hurts so I switch to water when drinking if I tend to have a bit more. I watch the sugary/pop drinks and drink Select 55 or michelob ultra most of the time
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited February 2015
    I am a big wine lover but I have to stay away from it for a while because I binge on it. Because I exercise a lot I just maintain. I haven't had any wine in 2 weeks I can feel the difference. I feel better and it feels good not to wake up with a hangover.
  • I too drink the Bud Select 55. I put it in a cup and spray a little bit of lime juice in it. I love bud light lime, but it has way to many calories to be drinking it all the time.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Big time. Went without in January this year and lost the most weight I have in a month. Mostly because I snack when I drink.
    Also slept way better. Starting again this week.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    I work in the bar industry... And I'm a party promoter... That's my job is to get everyone to have fun, drink... And well party.. So it's not just drinking "casually". This will be interesting this weekend. I'lol be fooling these hooligans with water shots (for me) :)

Used to do water shots with my buds. they could never figure out why I didn't have a hangover the next day. Just make sure you make 'the face' when you do it.
  • hayleygirl01
    hayleygirl01 Posts: 48 Member
  • morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    It broke me past my plateau, even cutting it out for 3 weeks. I was always gaining and losing the same couple pounds. Eventually after the three weeks, I lost a total of 5+ more pound. I didn't get the extra added calories, so I could enjoy more food, and then I didnt get hungry and lose my inhibitions when drunk (poor food choices) and I'm always like RAVENOUSLY hungry the day after I drink, I think because I dont get quality sleep...
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    I read a really good article on alcohol and fitness. To keep a long article short. Some drinks suppress appetite and others increase your appetite. Its actually quite interesting. White Wine suppresses btw and Red wine increases.

ALSO - for those of you who would like more info.

www.getdrunknotfat.com For those of you who drink Bud Lite Lime a Ritas.... YIKES 495 cals per 12 oz.

http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/lifters-guide-to-alcohol <- The article

Also - I enjoy drinking and at this point am not cutting it out. I'll drink a night on the weekend.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Alcohol has a LOT of calories! A typical beer could have 110-150 calories a bottle. Bailey's (my favorite lol) has about 250 cals per 1/2 cup. (These are estimates, Im at work but I have a whole page on alcohol and it's calories) So if you're over your intake you won't loose. :)
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    I rarely drink (Wine doesn't count!) even though we spend a lot of time in bars (We travel for gigs a lot and they are always in bars, no cover fee for us!). When I make the bad choice of drinking a lot ever so often I crave food I never eat and end up getting extremely sick. I purposely don't drink because of the large amount I gained when I WAS drinking a lot. When I was 18-19 years old I was drinking nightly and dark liquor will add up in calories fast. So will the greasy Jack In The Box burgers you find yourself eating at 4am. When I stopped drinking and left that life behind everything totally changed as far as weight goes. It helped me to start losing but it wasn't the only reason.

I won't cut alcohol out of my life 100% mainly because I fit wine into my daily calories. If it fits, have it.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    I did't set out saying "I am going to cut booze because I want to loose weight" it just sort happened because I was too tired from working out each night and then I didn't want to drink to much before my long runs on Sunday. Don't get me wrong I still have wine and a vodka soda water.
  • nicolaferris420
    nicolaferris420 Posts: 17 Member
    I don't lose weight when I'm drinking alcohol. I normally drink on a Friday and Saturday night, few glasses of white wine both nights but I end up snacking while I'm drinking and I cave in to cravings the following day. I don't gain weight but I stay the same even if I've been cutting calories all week. I've only had 3 glasses of wine since 1st jan and so far I've lost 11 pounds (I've been sticking to 1200 calls per day also). Alcohol lowers my willpower so I'm trying to avoid it and taking my car to get togethers with friends so I don't drink. Might seem extreme to some people but it all comes down to how much you want to lose their weight. For me it's worth the sacrifice for a while.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    I rarely drink until my will power over food disappears. I've found that cutting out any one food type is unsustainable in the long term for me - so I just fit it in and drink beer daily.

cheers!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    I didn't plan to give it up - but it just happened. I set a low-calorie target because I needed to lose a humongous amount of weight that would take over 1 year. Therefore it was critical that every calorie I took in "counted" as nutrition. Also, in the past, alcohol could lower my resistance to "trigger" foods. Oh sure, I have had maybe 3 or 4 glasses of wine over the last year - but that's it.

I'm glad I did what I did - because I will be reaching my final goal in a few weeks. When I say "final goal" I just mean weight goal - because I already have strength / maintenance etc goals ready for the next 1-2 years.

73641431.png

• hayleygirl01
    hayleygirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    @sfbaumgarten‌ I didn't know what category this topic belong under. So I posted it twice.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Alcohol has a LOT of calories! A typical beer could have 110-150 calories a bottle. Bailey's (my favorite lol) has about 250 cals per 1/2 cup. (These are estimates, Im at work but I have a whole page on alcohol and it's calories) So if you're over your intake you won't loose. :)

What kind of beer are you drinking for 110 calories per bottle?! :p I usually figure 150 on the lighter end and 250-300 for the really robust stuff.
  • Slasher09
    Slasher09 Posts: 316 Member
    I LOSE more weight when I drink. But it's not because of the alcohol per say...its that I don't let myself have wine if I didn't work out that day...so it gets my butt to the gym!