Hard Gainer needing help!

Options
Hi guys! I need some help with gaining quality weight. I'm 6', 165lbs, and want to be 185 with 10-8% body fat. I have 12-10% now, and I try my best to eat at least 3000 calories a day. Sometimes I eat 3300. But the point is, is I hit the gym and eat right, yet, I'm not getting anywhere. My ideal body type is like a Greek god proportion, or like Chris he switch from Thor. It may be a goal far in the future, but if anyone has a path that I can take to achieve this, or share their own successes I would be glad to take any positive feedback! Thanks a lot!

Replies

• grantevans11
    grantevans11 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Have you calculated your maintenance calorie consumption? If not you need to do this, their are loads of online calculators you can use. Eat between 250-500 calories above your maintenance (depending on how quick you want to gain and how much body fat you're prepared to gain) You're going to struggle losing body fat while trying to gain weight. If I were you, I'd worry about the gaining now, and when you reach your target weight can start thinking about losing the body fat.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    If you aren't gaining weight, eat more.

Carbs are your friends when gaining, protein is good but you only need about 150-165g really and about 100g fat so there are a lot of carbs to fill in the difference.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am very close to your height and weight. 3,000-3,200 cals/day gets me from the 160's to the 180's at about a pound per week. Be consistent, log everything accurately and you'll get there. Nuts, nut butters, trail mix, and ice cream are your friends for bulking.
  • gio14
    gio14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Figure out ur daily calorie burn TDEE then add 15-20% daily on top of that. As a rule u'll want to double your daily burn rate calories per week, split evenly thru the week to gain 1lb per week. So if your burning 3000cals a day u would add ~400+extra calories per day. Figure out your macros that work best for u something like 40%carbs/35%protein/25%fat or what ever works for u. Then build out ur meal plan in the MFP app.