I hope to get inspired as I lack motivation

Options
I gained 12 kg 7 years ago when I had a baby. I also have huge breasts which really really increased size and now I am at 74kg and my BMI is 27. I want to shed this weight and hope by coming here with gather some strength and feel inspired . I joined aerobics 2 weeks ago but still find it hard to attend.

Replies

• fabulousfaye85
    Options
    Hello my name is Shafaye,
    I am in the same place as you. But try to remind myself that, every thing is temporary. And I image how proud of myself I will be and everyone else around me will be when I meet my goals.I hope this helps.
  • Dark12chocco
    Options
    Thanks very much for taking time. To know I am not alone does make me feel like I can try more. I will be glad the day I will loose just 1kg because so far nothing has shifted. Thanks again
  • Dark12chocco
    Options
    I am in the same place as you. But try to remind myself that, every thing is temporary. And I image how proud of myself I will be and everyone else around me will be when I meet my goals.I hope this helps.

Thanks very much for taking time. To know I am not alone does make me feel like I can try more. I will be glad the day I will loose just 1kg because so far nothing has shifted. Thanks again
  • mamamah
    Options
    Ladies, take my word for it - stick with it now, because if you still have that "baby" weight 20 years after your kids are born it is MUCH harder to do it. Do it while you are young. I am working out between 1 1/2 hours and 2 hours a day and still have trouble losing weight. DO IT NOW!
  • TracyShing
    TracyShing Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there. My name is Tracy. I had a big motivation problem when I first started. Or should I say my motivations were directed in the wrong places. I was motivated to eat and be lazy and not give a hoot about my health. Since I've been on MFP, I've befriended some lovely people with issues just like my own. We cheer each other on and keep each other on track. I also learn a lot from them. The support has been key for me and I've already started losing weight and working out more. If you want a support buddy, feel free to add me as a friend. I'd be happy to cheer you on too! Best of luck!!
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is around the time it takes for me to get back into the obsession. If you've never been into exercising it might take longer for you.

Another reason for you 'lacking motivation' might be that you've not found the exercise that you like. For me, personally I don't like group exercise classes. I like working out on my own and I find I'm more consistent with attendance if I'm on my own. You might be the same as me. In short, try lots of different things until you find something that suits you.

As for not losing any weight in 2 weeks - take a closer look into your calorie consumption. You can work out twice a day, 7 days a week but if you're eating too many calories then you will not lose weight. You can't out train a bad diet! Before I understood that I spent years busting my *kitten* at the gym without losing weight - sometimes gaining!

Good luck, you'll get there, you just need to do some more researching into yourself :)
  • Dark12chocco
    Options
    mamamah wrote: »
    Ladies, take my word for it - stick with it now, because if you still have that "baby" weight 20 years after your kids are born it is MUCH harder to do it. Do it while you are young. I am working out between 1 1/2 hours and 2 hours a day and still have trouble losing weight. DO IT NOW!

Thanks for this and its so true and does make my mind feel worried and determined at the same time about this idea that the more I don't do this now the harder it will get years later. Thanks so much.

• Dark12chocco
    Options
    TracyShing wrote: »
    Hi there. My name is Tracy. I had a big motivation problem when I first started. Or should I say my motivations were directed in the wrong places. I was motivated to eat and be lazy and not give a hoot about my health. Since I've been on MFP, I've befriended some lovely people with issues just like my own. We cheer each other on and keep each other on track. I also learn a lot from them. The support has been key for me and I've already started losing weight and working out more. If you want a support buddy, feel free to add me as a friend. I'd be happy to cheer you on too! Best of luck!!

I will add you and thanks
  • Dark12chocco
    Options
    EricMurano wrote: »
    2 weeks is around the time it takes for me to get back into the obsession. If you've never been into exercising it might take longer for you.

Another reason for you 'lacking motivation' might be that you've not found the exercise that you like. For me, personally I don't like group exercise classes. I like working out on my own and I find I'm more consistent with attendance if I'm on my own. You might be the same as me. In short, try lots of different things until you find something that suits you.

As for not losing any weight in 2 weeks - take a closer look into your calorie consumption. You can work out twice a day, 7 days a week but if you're eating too many calories then you will not lose weight. You can't out train a bad diet! Before I understood that I spent years busting my *kitten* at the gym without losing weight - sometimes gaining!

Good luck, you'll get there, you just need to do some more researching into yourself :)

Thanks so much for the input and maybe you are right I need to try different things. I am now learning to count calories since downloading this app. I am sure with positive stories and encouragement this has to work. I won't give up. Thanks
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Good to hear mate!
  • Dark12chocco
    Options
    TracyShing wrote: »

Hi Tracey. I have been trying to add people but I don't seem able to add anyone unless they can add me. Can you please add me then I will add. Thanks.
  • fabulousfaye85
    Options

• fabulousfaye85
    Options
    We will get there, take one day at a time.
  • Dark12chocco
    Options
    You are right fabulousfaye85. I am happy to talk to you all. I feel so determined now. :smiley: