How meals should eat a day

Options
At the moment am eating three meals per day breakfast lunch dinner, but am left with calories

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some people do really well on 6 small meals a day and other people prefer 1-2 large meals. Still others do best with three meals and a snack or two.

Meal timing won't affect your weight loss. Unless you have medical reasons to schedule your meals in a certain way, this really comes down to personal preference.

To get all of your calories in you could add a 4th meal, add in more snacks, add a dessert after dinner, or increase the size of each meal that you're already eating. It's entirely up to you :flowerforyou:
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hey man, 3 meals a day is fine! meal timing wont affect your weight loss. The only timing you would need to worry about it protein but only if your weightlifting. I eat 4-5 meals a day because I dont like eating a ton of food at one time, just do what keeps you full and what you prefer. keep up the good work bud
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Eat however often makes you happy and allows you to reach your goals? I average 4 to 7 meals a day depending on whether I"m away from home all day and whether I have small mini meals while waiting for bigger meals to finish cooking.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    eat when you are hungry... the company dietician suggests that you learn to gauge your hunger on a scale of 1-10... one being.. if you don't eat soon you may have to gnaw the arm off the next passerby.. and 10 being you are afraid of getting too close to sharp objects less you impale yourself and explode... the idea being.. to keep yourself at 5... eat when you feel it's slipping to 3... and cease before you get to 7... of course it is NOT always convenient to break out the baby carrots in the middle of a church service or a bag of Doritos at the next department meeting.. so.. use your judgement... the concept is that by maintaining a conscious effort to supply your body.. you are less likely to binge... once again the caveat being that you are eating balanced meals and healthy snacks...

I personally find that if I break up my calories with.. a breakfast of 300 give or take 20% of that for breakfast... another 400-800 for lunch...(ensuring that they are skewed towards a higher level of protein) then I can enjoy a decent dinner with a glass of wine every once in a while.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and AM & PM snack. I like to eat through out the day not for any other reason then I just like to. That has worked for me and what I feel is right for my body. There is no one right answer to how many meals a person should eat as we are all different. Do what works for you and you will be successful.

Good luck!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    amc967 wrote: »
    At the moment am eating three meals per day breakfast lunch dinner, but am left with calories

Whatever tickled your fancy. Meal frequency has nothing to do weight loss. It's strictly calories in/calories out, everything else is preference or doctor's orders.
  • amc967
    amc967 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for tips guys and girl I am going try add health snack between meals