Free cake

Options

Replies

• sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I saw this on someone's signature and have to share. Just remember "NO FOOD TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS." Now, keep repeating that over and over again!!

ugh yes I have heard that quote before, can't say I like it, sounds like something an anorexic might say to herself. (Don't mean you, just in general)
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    There will ALWAYS be opportunities for free food (goodies) EVERYWHERE for the rest of your life! You have to figure out how you are going to deal with it. If it's AMAZING...I say, give in and have a small, reasonable piece. If it's not that great...don't go by it. Wait it out...it won't take long and the office scavengers cleared the platter and it will be a distant memory.
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    The guy cutting it not only didn't wash his hands....I saw him cleaning the cat boxes earlier at the vet clinic next door.

Let's just say those sprinkles on top aren't candy

Gives a whole new meaning to "litter box cake" :p
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm far from axorexic LOL, but okay. Was just trying to help!
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The guy cutting it not only didn't wash his hands....I saw him cleaning the cat boxes earlier at the vet clinic next door.

LOL Jen
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    There will ALWAYS be opportunities for free food (goodies) EVERYWHERE for the rest of your life! You have to figure out how you are going to deal with it. If it's AMAZING...I say, give in and have a small, reasonable piece. If it's not that great...don't go by it. Wait it out...it won't take long and the office scavengers cleared the platter and it will be a distant memory.

Well I have decided I am not eating the free cake today. There is an official birthday party tomorrow, I want to be able to have some cake then and not feel guilty about it. If I eat cake today AND tomorrow, it will definelty set me back (physically and mentally). Tomorrow's cake is being bought by my friend, so I know it will be good. Today's cake is free for the whole friggin Ministry, no way they wasted any money on it.

(BTW, if you live in Ontario, YOU bought that cake LOL)
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I heard someone sneezed all over it - gross!

:laugh:
  • sweetsarahj
    Options

I know, thanks for the suggestion, really i bet that quote helps a lot of people, just not me. "It's not you, it's me" LOL
  • sweetsarahj
    Options

I made a litter box cake for Hallowe’en one year! Brand new litter pan, crumbled up cake mixed with vanilla pudding, then vanilla sandwich cookies crushed up and food-dyed to look like litter on top. Then microwaved tootsie rolls look just like turds. Serve with a brand new litter scoop. Fantastic!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Think of it as a free two pounds gained.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    My birthday is tomorrow, and my godmother sent me gourmet baked goods as a gift. She lives far away, so she has no idea that I'm eating well. I feel so bad because it was probably expensive, too, but I have to give it away. I've kept little bits to try, which I log, but thankfully they are such weird flavors (good, just not your run-of-the-mill chocolate chip cookies) that I'm not that sad about it - I am interested in having a taste to see what they taste like, and then I'm good.

Anyway, just walk away. It's not going to be as good as you think it will be.

If all else fails, imagine it with maggots crawling around in it.

And if that fails, well, you must have a pretty strong stomach. Congratulations! Have a small piece and do your best to estimate it in order to log it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I hate store bought cake, especially the frosting. Just gross.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    The cake is a lie!

(BTW, if you got that then you play too many video games, lol)
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It's not really free anyway is it? I will have "pay the price" one way or another.

I think that's the best quote that you can remind yourself.

Hey, since I paid for some of that cake, can I have some?
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options

Classic!!

LOL! I must fess up - stole that from when I was a member of the WW message board. Great tactic! :)

Sweetsarah, sounds like you've got a great plan!

Honestly, there are days when I can stay away (figuring out the calories first can help that side a lot) but there are also days when I can't stop thinking about that darn free cake and have to go get a litle bite just to quiet the sugar demons in my brain.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, sitting out in the open, with all those hands touching it, licking fingers, wiping frosting off the knife with their fingers, and sucking it off, and touching the cake again..:noway: A breeding ground for germs.

If your good, have a Skinny Cow ice cream mini cup of ice cream! Low cal and yummy!
  • sweetsarahj
    Options
    I DID NOT EAT THE CAKE!

It was a 'kick-off' ceremony of sorts for a fundraising campaign, a few speeches, then a line up formed for coffee and cake. I was firm in my decision- only coffee. Someone tried to push a piece of cake into my hands THREE TIMES--- I resisted!

YAY ME!
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    The cake is a lie!

(BTW, if you got that then you play too many video games, lol)

Uh-Oh, I got that! ha ha!
    Cake tastes nice at the time but afterwards when it's all gone and you're left with no cake then you think. Why did I bother? It wasn't THAT nice!
  • PhoenixRising11
    PhoenixRising11 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Oh and I hardly ever eat birthday cakes because of people blowing out the candles. It's gross! It makes me think that cake now has an extra coating on top of it after that. Like a million yummy germs. NOT! Ewwww...
  • princessofmarrs
    princessofmarrs Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I know, thanks for the suggestion, really i bet that quote helps a lot of people, just not me. "It's not you, it's me" LOL

ROTFL...yes it does help some people....The quote is my motto around here. I've lost 48.2 lbs so far and I tell myself this quote every time I'm wanting junk food that I'm about to eat. I think of it this way, it keeps me from making unhealthy choices. Being 48 lbs lighter and still not anorexic nothing I ate in the past made me feel good, but losing the weight certainly made me feel better about myself and better physically. Good luck with not eating the cake. Everyone gave you really good suggestions. When it comes down to it, the choice is yours. You can skip the cake or choose to eat it. Just think of how proud you will be of yourself when you skip the cake. It's all about willpower!