Hello, Mom of 3, need support/motivation on loosing weight

Options
hello, i have been trying to loose weight since i was 20 now I'm 38 and I'm tired of this, I would like to get to my 40 being a new me, I think is time for me to loose all this weight i have carried with me for 18yrs!!!! I need some support and motivation, I have tried before once 15yrs ago lost 40lbs and about 3yrs ago I had lost 30 only to put it all back and more!! Please Help.....

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Wow you sound like me! I've gone back and forth for some years now and I've been slowly but steadily losing and getting fit since I've been on MFP! Welcome to the site, you're gonna love it and feel free to add me. We can motivate each other on up days and down days alike. Trial and error with a lot of determination(and plenty of humor) will get us to our destinations during this journey, so enjoy every minute of it!:happy:
  • Beachbride07
    Beachbride07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This is a great site and it's so motivating to read other people's stories. You can totally do this! It's an achievable goal.
    Slow and steady wins the race! Good luck!
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    Hey!

Welcome to MFP. The advice that I always give is to get yourself a good network of friends on here. They'll see you through tough times but, most importantly, help you enjoy the achievements yet to come!

Feel free to add me if you want, I'm online most days and am serious about doing this so I'll be around for a long long time to come!

Good luck.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Also a mother of three here... I was looking to lose 55 pounds when I started out and as of this morning I am 20 down, so I only have 35 more to go... Not quite half, but close. And trust me, if _I_ can do this, anyone can. :) Going to friend you now. :)
  • lauriallen
    lauriallen Posts: 39
    Options
    You can do this, it's a great program with lots of support. Welcome :tongue:
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 who also has climbed the scales after they fell prior. . . Welcome the friend request.
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This is an awesome site!! Feel free to add me!!:smile:
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm also a mom, and I work 40 hours/week. I have done some yo-yo-ing, too.

It's hard not to focus on weight, but at 44, there are a lot of bigger concerns for me out there. I want to live a long and healthy life, and I want to avoid some surgeries that run in my family, if you're overweight. Looking good is on the bottom-ish of my list.

I have it in my head that I need to make permanent changes to last a lifetime-- not just to lose weight. I'm working really hard at it right now, but know that when I'm at a lower rate, I can work a little less hard, so I look forward to that.

My mom had a double-knee replacement that was excrutiatingly painful for her-- it likely could have been avoided if she had been a little lighter. I don't want that to be me. There are a lot of things she can't do anymore (llike run!).

I don't know if my words help/inspire you at all, but somehow, in my head, the transferring of the goal from being "weight loss" to health, helps me keep going.

Best,

Debbie
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    hello luv! Welcome to mfp. I am a 37 yr old mom of two young, hyper but lovely boys. I've struggled with my weight my entire life and have only recently been able to shed half of this disabling weight! Enjoy the site! There's lots of great things on here to help you out. Feel free to add if you'd like!
  • kkbeard
    kkbeard Posts: 20
    Options
    Sounds VERY familiar!! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can do this together.
  • PurelyZee
    PurelyZee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I understand!!!!! I have 3 under 3!!!! Son almost 3 and twin girls 14 months! I am 33 and sick of the fat:) Add me for support!!!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome! im a mummy to one, but also wanted to lose the weight before i hit 30! i have found mfp to be great for losing weight and for maintaining. the support you get from people on here is amazing and kept me going! you CAN do this!
    feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    I too know where you're coming from, mum of two, paid work, unpaid work, helping out at school, etc and have yo-yoed FOREVER. MFP is fab, and is the first time I have found success - slow but steady towards a new healthy life. Feel free to add me as a friend (anyone, not just the OP!).
  • Mommyof3loves
    Mommyof3loves Posts: 276
    Options
    I too have battled it back and forth for years. And I am a mom of 2 girls and I can't keep up sometimes, I sound like an old woman sometimes instead of a 34 yr old. Welcome :-)